Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What does the word Home mean to you....and where is your home?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

go there next time in Zurich:

http://oxa.com/index_flash.php

3 Floors , a good restaurant and 15'000 people each weekend.

see also >CD shop>OXA CD.

i also work in a studio in Zürich, near the Mainstation and another by the airport where we make the discs.

Mach Ich.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Originally posted by Kendrix:

first pick the place you want to be. (I do wonder how in the world you find clients up there.)

I never in a million years would have been able to pick this place. Sometimes i look at the town of Whitehorse and think what a shitty little shit hole.

But for some strange reason i just love it. And there is a thriving arts community here. I could gig 5 nights a week i wanted to here. No shit. There are never less than 4 bars with Live bands similtaneously here. That's how i found the place, touring with a band. i think they were being punished or something by the agency and they sent them here, it was my first gig with them, they all hated every minute of it. i loved it and told them i was staying and to find a new gtr player pronto!

I once made 1300 dollars for a one nighter here.

Just for a little variation on the theme, home is wherever I've come from, not where I am. I guess I'm a restless soul.

I visit where home has been; and where it was, when I was living it, it never felt particularly home-like. If anything I felt like a stranger in a strange land. But when I visit it, I feel the essence of nostalgia (which, translated, simply means home-sickness), and remember the life I lived there.

It was home, but I couldn't see it as such when I was in it. I knew it wouldn't last, so my attachment to it was always plagued by the bitter ache of knowing some day, inevitably, it would all be gone, irretrievable. That ache only intensifies upon visiting it again, after having left.

I guess home is a little like life, for me. :freak: If I knew I could keep it, and not suffer the pain of losing it, I could be home. But, knowing it will be gone all too soon, leaves me without rest.

rt

Originally posted by Jeff Leites:

I've been hanging my hat in Los Angeles for over 30 years, but I guess I still think or the area just north of Philadelphia, here I grew up, as home.

What town Jeff? I grew up in Bucks County, and my family is all still down there. I run the northern outpost office. :D

This is a bit heavy for me, so I'll keep it short.

I had the pleasure of living in a few Caribbean Islands in my youth. I can only say that it changed my life and my perception or point of view forever. I've also lived in a small town in KY and others. The diversity of these experiences definitely have an impact on my views on everything, hopefully in a positive and constructive way. Will not go into it more.

Anyway, there are many nice anecdotes to be told but the "inaquedacy" of this medium would not due it justice.

I strongly remember walking shirtless and barefoot as kid and thinking this is nicest place in the world. Many foreigners from all over the worlds passed by these islands, be it in small sailboats to million dollar yachts yet you did not need to have money to feel happy here. As opposed to the city where I lived before, this was "another planet". People were humble yet proud and well educated. Beaches where beautiful and the sun just seemed happier there.

Home can be many things to many people. In this day and age, Planet Earth is our home. My heart and soul was awakened in the British Virgin Islands.

This is a bit heavy for me, so I'll keep it short.

I had the pleasure of living in a few Caribbean Islands in my youth. I can only say that it changed my life and my perception or point of view forever. I've also lived in a small town in KY and others. The diversity of these experiences definitely have an impact on my views on everything, hopefully in a positive and constructive way. Will not go into it more.

Anyway, there are many nice anecdotes to be told but the "inaquedacy" of this medium would not due it justice.

I strongly remember walking shirtless and barefoot as kid and thinking this is nicest place in the world. Many foreigners from all over the worlds passed by these islands, be it in small sailboats to million dollar yachts yet you did not need to have money to feel happy here. As opposed to the city where I lived before, this was "another planet". People were humble yet proud and well educated. Beaches where beautiful and the sun just seemed happier there.

Home can be many things to many people. In this day and age, Planet Earth is our home. My heart and soul was awakened in the British Virgin Islands.

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

Originally posted by zele:

[QB]Picture-framed perfect..more fantasy like everyday. So sterile-safe.

Uhh, nice area. Was in Pacific Grove a while ago.

is this the same road you have framed? YES .. CARMEL IN THE 50's -- it looks like --about the same still. We can have lights on main street for Christmas now!...but non-flashing. ANd the lights must be attached without damage to the trees--no clips, nails, etc~~ tree must be a certain diameter round, at 3 ft !

http://www.forwardlook.net/unsorted/carmel.jpg

Archived