Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hi everybody, Would some one take a shot at my Sonar Question below

first I imported a drum loop on track 1 and then i armed track two to record a bassline after i've recorded the bassline i hear the drum beat from track 1 and the bassline i recorded on track 2 all on track 2. so i muted track 1 and the beat is still on track 2 with the bassline, some how i'm bouncing track 1 to track 2 and i don't want to do that. can anyone help, this was'nt happening before. I'm not doing any midi, only audio recording.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nawledge. > after i've recorded the bassline i hear the drum beat from track 1 and the bassline i recorded on track 2 all on track 2. < I'm sure the problem is due to the way you're playing back the drums while recording the bass. Apparently you have the drums going to the sound card's output, and that is what you're recording when you add the bass. So you get both on the bass track. What sound card do you have, what mixer, and how are they connected? --Ethan

I have not used Sonar, but it sounds like you have a loop back issue. Give these a shot; Mute all other tracks on record and playback, except the new track(s) Start a new session and see if the problem is in that sessions settings or the systems Unplug the audio outputs and monitor though phones only. Is it possible you are getting cross talk through your mixer on one of the channels? Can you hear the entire otehr track or just the peaks?

Ethan. and Deanmass thanks for responding, I thought it was that also at first but i've disconnected the mixer all together, so that there is nothing connected to any imput on the sound card, and it still happens. track two is recording what ever audio is already recorded on track 1. Deanmass. i tried your suggestion and the problem still persist, the card is a sound blaster Audigy external, and my mixer is an mackie 1202vlz, but the problem is happening even when the mixer is not connected to the sound card, nothing is connected to the sound card at all on any of its imputs, it's a pci card with an external breakout box, so the problem must be in sonar or in the soundcard or windows internally but i've tried everything i can think of, even starting other sessions does'nt work, and everything else software wise is working fine with sonar. anyway thanks alot and if you think of anything else please let me know.

> the card is a sound blaster Audigy external, and my mixer is an mackie 1202vlz < Exactly what I have. The problem is you have the Audigy's mixer's record input source set to "What U Hear" instead of Line Input. When you record from What U Hear you record from all of the sources combined, including Wave playback. If you instead select Line Input you'll record from only that one source. --Ethan

Archived