Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cubase SX Sidechains...

I'm running Cubase SX (1) and I'm wanting to duck a bass line using a compressor triggered by the bass drum. I'm familiar with the concept of sidechaining, I just don't know exactly how to set it up, or if it's even possible with this software. Anybody know?
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 99.9% sure sidchaining isn't available in SX 1. I think it's in SX3 now, but I'm not positive.

The cheap route is a $40 compressor from DB Audio. http://www.db-audioware.com/dbd.htm

The route I prefer is to do it externally.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Kinda what I was afraid of.

Thanks!

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Archived