Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday to Phait, Tom (Gas), Jeebus, Montiel, Ken/Eleven Shadows and Scorpios

Now it's my turn to say Happy Birthday to all the other Scorpios on the forums here. I tried to get all those I'm aware of...

Phait, Tom (Is There Any Gas in the Car?), Jeebus, Ken/Eleven Shadows, Montiel (whom I've not seen in forever on the forums), and any others that I may have missed.

Any more stingers out here?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Hey Tom! You're old! :P

Happy Birthday! Get anything musical?

Hi Neil :wave:

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yup, this is the last year I can say that I'm in my forties. :cry: I was really hoping that Ani had turned 50 because that was making me feel a whole lot younger. :) Now that I know she's not, I'll just have to go back to picking on Tedster. He's older, right? :rolleyes:

Is there an age where you can't participate on these forums any longer? (Here's your chance CMDN...) :confused:

Did I get anything musical? Kinda sorta... My father-in-law sent me a card with a Best Buy gift certificate enclosed. I stopped by the store yesterday and did some damage. I came home with a couple of music DVDS - Crosby, Stills, & Nash in concert. It's pretty good. I also got Boz Scaggs in concert. It's really good! I like it when they realize that it's going to take TWO keyboard players to play all the parts. They had a B3, a Rhodes, a baby grand piano, a Wurlitzer 200A, and something else for strings, clav, and synth parts. Even though every song was played to a click, it seems that they were playing most of the parts live.

Thanks everybody. :)

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Oh God Dak, not again...:

Gas, I think the Tedster's younger than you are by a year or so.

If it's any consolation, you're younger than I am. :D

Thanks Dak. Somehow that's supposed to make me feel better. ...I'm still waiting. :rolleyes:

I think there are a lot of folks older than I am on the SSS. They just won't admit it.

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Yup, sorry guys, I'm 47. Actually, believe it or not, though, the Wewus is a year or so older than I am.

Here's something to think about. You will never be old at any age, unless you so decide to. Being "old" isn't about chronological age, it's about attitude.

Let's look at a few youngsters, for example. Like B.B. King. Willie Nelson. Paul McCartney. Keith Richards. Yeah, sure, physically, they're aging, but mentally? Their attitude is still the same as it was when they were 25. By the same token, I've known 25 year olds who were old men and women already, judging by their attitudes.

When I was 30, I was at college at Florida State University. I thought I was OLD, because I was 10 years older than most of the students. SCREW THAT! 30 isn't OLD unless you're a teenager. So, I've vowed to never again allow myself to feel old. I wanna be like B.B. King, rocking until they pry my Strat out of my cold stiff lifeless fingers. When they put my ashes in that urn...THEN I'll be old. I'll have the rest of eternity to be old...but I only get one life to be young.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Doh! Missed my chance to crush your spirit, Tom! :D

I knew Ted was a few years your junior because he's 10 years older than me, almost to the day. (One remembers the connections on these birthday threads when it's one's own month. ;) )

You seem pretty young at heart, anyway, Tom.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I was really hoping that Ani had turned 50 because that was making me feel a whole lot younger. Now that I know she's not, I'll just have to go back to picking on Tedster. He's older, right?
Hey... I like 29!!!

FIFTY :eek::evil::mad: Although I must admit, I was born in the fifties. Actually I turned 45 this year, but since I'm still a kid at heart, I don't let the age thing bother me.... just the creaking bones. :D

Cowbell,

I would never have guessed you were a Scorpio, Happy Birthday.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Another year turns the page on Tuesday the 16th

Ted, you want to talk about acting old? My aunt (a few years ago in her late 70's, she's 84 now) looked at the local "seniors" housing development, and asked where the parking was. They said "We don't have resident parking. There's a shuttle to the shopping center every other day" She said "Goodbye"

Then she moved into a new townhouse, and was touring my father through the place. At some point she mentioned one of the design features she didn't like about the place, and said (remember age 70 odd something) "I'll make sure my next house does that different"

And she just moved to a new townhouse this summer. :thu:

Archived