Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I don't wanna go to the farm today - please help

My inlaws just sold their farm and land and are moving to town at the end of the month. Now the family wants to go out and stay the night and sort through old stuff and reminisce and claim stuff as theirs etc etc. I will be so freakin bored. I know my wife would like me to look through the millions of photos of them growing up on the farm that I have already seen a bajillion times, but I don't think I can handle it. Oh no oh no oh no. There must be some excuse I can come up with. Some of you must have some classic excuses up your sleeve. How about some suggestions eh?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about;

"Oh, sorry Honey, I can't. I've got to go to the studio and do back-ups of that (insert band/artist here) project that I'm working on...it could take hours because of the large number of tracks we used."

That has saved me a couple of times from having to go do mindless things like "shopping". or house cleaning!

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Suck it up little brother, and go with your sweetie. She's put up with your crap all these years and also the constant guitar changing has got to make her just about nuts. Now it's your turn to give a bit back and it'll probably help with her attitude about the new axes enroute.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Truth be told, this is just the ticket to endear yourself to her and her family. I've actually had lots of fun doing things for/with Jackie's parents. Yeah, you should go, mang.

Cheers!

Spencer

Originally posted by Spencer Crewe:

Aw, Dak! Not you too.......

:D:P

Whatever happened to trying to corrupt people....

Cheers!

Spencer

Heh, I kinda like the girl. Bob too, & I wouldn't want her to kick his ass all over the prairie.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Oh you bunch of asshole bastards! Ask for some man type "how to get out of this" help and you get all "do the right thing" on me. Thanks a lot.

I was just thinking though, maybe she doesn't want me there. Hmmmm. There may be an out after all.

And by the way, brother Dak, I do put up with her too, like the damn futon she just bought for a sweet grand and the 2004 trailblazer she had to have and having to climb on the roof each year to string x-mas lights and then having to take them down a couple weeks later. Or, how about having to go to about 12 weddings every year where I don't know the bride, groom, or anyone else at the wedding? How about having to give up the good tv all the time so she can watch her shows? Huh? How about that? Huh? Huh?

Marriage is a two way street and I think each party is entitled to a "get out of" every once in a while. :D:rolleyes:

Yea, I'll probbly go. Shoot (scuffs his foot)

bbach

Originally posted by Kris:

Well you could slip the wifey a sleeping pill, accidentally take a wrong turn, and end up at this farm: http://www.downonthefarmfestival.com

cool :thu:

http://www.spanishmossproductions.org/images/DownOnTheFarm/bandPics/fullBlackOut1.jpg

:cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by bbach #1:

Oh you bunch of asshole bastards! Ask for some man type "how to get out of this" help and you get all "do the right thing" on me. Thanks a lot.

I was just thinking though, maybe she doesn't want me there. Hmmmm. There may be an out after all.

And by the way, brother Dak, I do put up with her too, like the damn futon she just bought for a sweet grand and the 2004 trailblazer she had to have and having to climb on the roof each year to string x-mas lights and then having to take them down a couple weeks later. Or, how about having to go to about 12 weddings every year where I don't know the bride, groom, or anyone else at the wedding? How about having to give up the good tv all the time so she can watch her shows? Huh? How about that? Huh? Huh?

Marriage is a two way street and I think each party is entitled to a "get out of" every once in a while. :D:rolleyes:

Yea, I'll probbly go. Shoot (scuffs his foot)

SEE?! This is what I was trying to do!!!! I know exactly what he's on to....

:cool:

Cheers!

Spencer

One does thangs "for the RELATIONSHIP its self.

Not for you... Not for wifey. Not for the kids, not for granny.. not for anybody including the dog. FOR THE RELATIONSHIP..

You must feed and water and nurture THE REALATIONSHIP in order to have one.

If your friend wishes you to help him move his car YOU DO IT for the relationship. not for him or you or what you can get back but to keep the relationship healthy and alive.

Your wife is your BEST FRIEND.. So in order to have a goode relationship with her you do things that STRENGTHEN the relationship. that FEED and help make the relationship GROW and intensify.

Getting your mate that glass of tea may be bothersome yet if you do it for the relationship it self its a pleasure cause you know at the end of the day your are in a better place both at home and in the GARDEN.. if you follow..

You must go and be a trooper. stand by your wife in all things.

No one said you could'nt go fishin any time you wish. ahahaha!

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Update: I'm afraid my wife is too slick for me. As I was just making excuses as to why I sadly couldn't make it, she reminded me that her dad has a gigantic heated shop that is empty and would be perfect for me to really give my Mesa Boogie a good sweaty workout. I've never played this Mesa in anything other than my little music room. Oh, this is gonna be fun.

She's a cruel bitch, my wife. :D

bbach

Originally posted by bbach #1:

Update: I'm afraid my wife is too slick for me. As I was just making excuses as to why I sadly couldn't make it, she reminded me that her dad has a gigantic heated shop that is empty and would be perfect for me to really give my Mesa Boogie a good sweaty workout. I've never played this Mesa in anything other than my little music room.

It sounds to me like someone's been bribed........

:D:D:D

She must have sensed your unwillingness. ESP is a clever trick, eh? :freak:

Cheers and have fun!

Spencer

Originally posted by Super 8:

Get really really drunk and tell your wife you are gay and you want a divorce.

That always gets me out of doing lots of stuff with my wife.

funniest suggestion yet! :thu:

bbach

Originally posted by Tedster:

Good to see Pam Laws is still gigging down there!

I'd hop in the car, but I don't think I could get there in time. :D

Apparently Pam was SO good and sweet that MANY at the fest were moved to tears... and full of goosebumps...

I was passed out cold in a tent somewhere deep in the woods!!! Good Times !!!

Kris

My Band: http://www.fullblackout.com UPDATED!!! Fairly regularly these days...

http://www.logcabinmusic.com updated 11/9/04

Archived