Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

To the MP Veterans

Happy Veteran's Day!

Clay R., (Frmr)E-4 (SRA/SGT) USAF 1989-1994

B-52 Crew Chief (AFSC 45750B, 2A551K)

Wurtsmith AFB, MI (379th OMS, 379th Bomb Wing)

Andersen AFB, Guam {Desert Shield/Storm} (1500 Strategic Wing (Provisional)

Minot AFB, ND (5th Bomb Wing Maintenance Operations Center)

{Edited for little details)

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us, aussies, it's Rememberance Day - originally armistice day......the end to WW1.

it's the 11th hour of the 11th day 0f the 11th month "when we will remember them". We nationally stop for 1 min at that time.

we remember all who have fought since then....in all the wars.

cheers

john

I think a lot about my dad every Veteran's Day. I thank the guys from the Second Marine Division who helped him get back from Guadalcanal alive, or I wouldn't be here. He died in 1990, partly from the damage his liver suffered due to the hepatitis he got there.

I went to see Steve Ambrose speak at Kansas State not long before he died. He asked all the WWII vets to stand and accept thanks. I could not stop the tears.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

I posted this in the political forum, but some of you don't go there, so I'll repeat it here...

Thank you to all of our veterans, no matter where you served or how great or small your sacrifice... you were willing to be there for us if needed, and that is extraordinary.

I'm a veteran, US Army, 1966-1972. Sgt. E5, Army Corp of Engineers. I was very fortunate not to go to Vietnam.

I honor all those that did. It was a thankless war. Recently, I've been watching the History Channel and seeing flicks on WWI and WWII. Both of those wars demonstrated the horrors of war, and the stupidity of man, as George Patton use to say. I think the Korean and Vietnam wars were the most thankless of any of our wars, but they're all so pointless and such a waste.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by Ouizel:

Andersen AFB, Guam {Desert Shield/Storm} (1500 Strategic Wing (Provisional)

Hey..I spent eighteen months on Guam at the Navy Communications Station back in 68 and 69.. I'll bet it has changed a lot since I was there. They just started building the first hotel as I was leaving.

And I got to watch a test pilot take a B52 off from the Naval air station..which was too short..after it had an emergency and had to return to Guam and land anywhere it could. They strapped a bunch of JATO(?) packs to it and he took it straight up..and started doing barrel rolls on the way. It was like an island wide holliday. I had Navy pilots standing with me with their mouths hitting the ground..

Thanks for your service...

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Scott B, Capt, USAF

1983-1987, Electronic Warfare Engineer, WPAFB OH

1987-1992, Nuclear Weapons Engineer,

KAFB NM

1992-1995, Minuteman Tech Engineer, GFAFB ND

SSgt, USAFR

1999-2002, Munitions Technician, 419th FW, Hill AFB UT

2002-Present, Tooele Munitions Depot, UT

IYAAYAS!!!

Good post Ouizel! :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I think a lot about my dad every Veteran's Day. I thank the guys from the Second Marine Division who helped him get back from Guadalcanal alive, or I wouldn't be here. He died in 1990, partly from the damage his liver suffered due to the hepatitis he got there.

I went to see Steve Ambrose speak at Kansas State not long before he died. He asked all the WWII vets to stand and accept thanks. I could not stop the tears.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by John Sayers:

For us, aussies, it's Remembrance Day - originally armistice day......the end to WW1.

it's the 11th hour of the 11th day 0f the 11th month "when we will remember them". We nationally stop for 1 min at that time.

we remember all who have fought since then....in all the wars.

http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/posters2/canada.jpg

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/obj/h13/f1/a003842-v4.jpg

Originally posted by GZsound:

And I got to watch a test pilot take a B52 off from the Naval air station..which was too short..after it had an emergency and had to return to Guam and land anywhere it could. They strapped a bunch of JATO(?) packs to it and he took it straight up..and started doing barrel rolls on the way. It was like an island wide holliday. I had Navy pilots standing with me with their mouths hitting the ground..

Thanks for your service...

I'd have loved to have seen that.

Guam's changed a little since I was there. (I was there for 8 months, which earned me the Overseas Long Tour ribbon). But most of that seems to be in Tumon, Tamuning, and Agana. I think the Boonies are still the Boonies. I'd like to go back, one of these days to compare memory to reality.

:D

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Thanks go out to all the vets, for your service.

Sadly, we just lost one of our own here in my town, just a couple of days ago.

Branden Ramey 22, died during the initial attack on Fallujah.

He enjoyed playing semi-pro football, and had proposed marriage to his girlfriend just last week.

His 14 year old brother said of him:

"He took me places and loaned me money when I needed it. He told me before he left that I was the man of the house and I needed to take care of my mom," .... "You can't replace a brother like that."

Kinda breaks your heart to think about it, ya know? :cry:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Yes, a BIG thanks to all who have served. We enjoy the fruits of your labor everyday.

GZ, although you and I don't agree on much, I've always had respect for your service. Thanks.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

To Veterans Everywhere,

My heartfelt thanks for your service, your sacrifices, your courage, and for putting your very lives on the line. You've done us proud, and there are simply no words to express how grateful I am. We can't thank you enough.

"You're either WITH me, or you're AGIN' Me!" (Yosemite Sam)

Heartfelt thanks and deep respect and gratitude to our country's veterans. Thank you very much for all you do.

Originally posted by Ouizel:

Guam's changed a little since I was there. (I was there for 8 months, which earned me the Overseas Long Tour ribbon). But most of that seems to be in Tumon, Tamuning, and Agana. I think the Boonies are still the Boonies. I'd like to go back, one of these days to compare memory to reality.[/b]

Me too. I played in a band at a couple of night clubs that I'm sure are long gone..one of which was an open air place called the Sleepy Lagoon. Lots of fun. Our base was at Agana, but I lived outside of Tamuning in a house we rented.

Again, thanks for your service.. HAFA!

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thank you very much for your service, veterans.

I went to the Middle East to work a gig in 2002. I had no idea how appreciative the troops would be simply because a bunch of civilians came over to play a few concerts. I treasure the opportunity we were given to bring a little comfort to troops in the field. Your sacrifice is most appreciated.

As a group you are truly extraordinary, even if you don't know or feel it. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by forceman:

Back atcha Ouizel!

Steve F., (Frmr) USAF 1973-1977

E-4 (Sgt)

AFSC: 46450 (Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD))

Here is a photo of forceman doing his thang in the USAF. Typical day at the office..

20MM High explosive rounds on a belt (A-7 aircraft ammo belt) shortly before being destroyed by comp c-4 plastic explosives (c-4 in my hands..) at an USAF demolition range. Photo taken in 1976.

http://home.comcast.net/~steforce/USAF.jpg

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Originally posted by forceman:

Thanks all!

Any more veterans?

Right now, the U.S. Air Force is kicking the other service branches collective asses..! :thu:

S. Gould EM2 USN 1976-1982, Atlantic, Mediterranean, Indian Ocean, Persian Gulf

forceman: EOD. You guys're nuts. I had a friend at Wurtsmith who was EOD.

GZ: Holy crap! I almost forgot about that! Hafa Adai! :D

Thank you, veterans, for your service.

This includes all of you here at MP, and my father, and his brother (my Uncle Gordon, RIP), and all three of my mother's brothers, and both of my grandfathers (may they both RIP).

Hats off to you all.

Yes, Thank-you to all Veterans.

We surely wouldn't have the luxury of being on this Forum if it wasn't for your efforts. Yesterday, I enjoyed a wonderful, peaceful run around Quidi Vidi Lake here in St. John's - a freedom that I'm extremely grateful for.

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Archived