Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Stereo Mixer for Stereo Modules?

Hello,

I'm a newbie hobbyist having fun buying old synth modules on eBay. I now have an Oberheim Matrix 1000, Roland JV1080, Kurzweil 1000PX Plus, and an Akai S5000 sampler. These are all stereo modules. As I search for a mixer to interface these modules to my amp it seems that most mixers only have between 2 and 4 stereo inputs and the rest are all mono. Am I missing something here? What mixer are keyboard players using for their racks of "stereo" modules? I have 4 stereo modules now and intend to expand.

:confused:

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a new hobbyist, I'm not sure if you know, but it's merely a convenience factor to have stereo inputs. In fact, they are a little less versatile because signal processing will always affect both channels, and the fader/pan interplay is a bit more complex than two single channels with a pan for each.

"For instance" is not proof.

Depending on how much expansion you're talking about, I'd check older Mackies. The basic 1202 would give you four stereo channels and four mono channels; six stereo synths. You could go up from there to the 1604 or the 2404. Keep away from the VLZ models and you can get em pretty cheap on ebay.

Archived