Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for CD Duplicating

Do you know of anyone who can do short-run CD-R duplication in the Los Angeles area? My friend John wants to give a bunch of friends, family, etc. a 4-CD Christmas compilation set (and yes, they are commercial recordings, but he is not selling these!).

He needs to make 300 copies of this 4-CD set (300 x 4 = 1200 in total).

Please PM or email me with the contact information of someone. Thanks!

Additional info: the "master" will be from his iTunes/Mac running OS X, in case this matters. I don't know which version of iTunes this is since I am running an older version of iTunes.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

I don't know Ken... most places probably won't touch something like that due to copyright concerns - even if he says he's not going to sell them, and in fact is giving them away, i doubt most duplication houses will go near it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Oh, it's no problem. Thanks! That's what we were thinking, too, but it doesn't hurt to ask. He's over here right now, and I've been helping him to edit them (he's lengthened fades or in just a few cases, edited some extra outros out, that kind of thing). But yeah, that's a concern. He called one manufacturing place, and they said nope.

But hopefully he can find someone who has a little duplicating tower or something like that. Thanks again!

I recommended www.diskfaktory.com for him, but I can't see on the web site whether they will do commercially available songs or not, so maybe he will call them tomorrow and see. Thanks for all the advice!!!! Mr. Pine, thanks - I gave John your email so he will probably contact you soon!

Originally posted by Phait:

I'm not sure about LA area, but www.discmakers.com do short-run CD-R, I'm gonna use them for my album.

Discmakers will do short run CD-R duplication, but as with all duplication they do, they require you to certify that you own the copyrights to the work(s) being duplicated, or provide license agreements showing you have permission from the copyright owners to do the duplication.

As long as you're doing your own material, it's not a problem... if you're going to do a "cover", you'll need the license ( www.harryfox.com ) or Discmakers won't touch it. Similar policies are in place at all the larger commercial duplication houses that I am aware of.

Yup, that's true...John in fact called DiskMakers and that's exactly what they told him. I meant to mention that in my previous post, but I am flitting back and forth between checking things, burning disks, putting away things....wheewwww!!! I really appreciate all the responses, btw. :thu:

Archived