Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Lee Flier Interview!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thu:

Nice. Now some of the other folks can get a glimpse into Lee Flier. If they get lucky and meet her in person, great. All the better if they get a chance to see her play.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

That's a great interview with Lee, Phait.

I especially enjoy the paragraph where she describes her relationship with Steely Dan and how Donald Fagen influenced her style. I always knew that she and I had this in common. I don't know why she didn't mention it to me before! :wave:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

That was good but I'd like to see more hard hitting questions, such as:

What do you consider the most dangerous feature of the cult of know nothing sheeple?( Don't mess with me on this just answer truthfully, no peeking)

There are rumours circulating that you had a child in The late Seventies, who is the baby Daddy, and are you still in touch with him?

Nice interview. It's hard not to read it and think "I wish I were in a band with Lee!"

I also like the way you (Phait) include your own thoughts in the interview so it's a conversation, and we get a sense of you too.

So when do you get your own talk show?!

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Good job, Phait. It's a good feature writing approach. Keep it up.

- Jeff

Thanks, but if you mean feature writing i.e. as in for musician mags, I doubt it... I don't know too much to contribute. It'd have to be an opinion oriented article moreso than how-to-use-this-software-or-gear, etc.

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

i'm in love with Lee Flier from now on !

Well, you better get in line. We're all in love with Lee.

I'm in love with Lee too, but she intimidates the hell out of me. :eek:

Great interview though!

I would have loved to have read more about her early musical development, and her entry into the music scene in California.

But the bit about her torrid love affair with Woody Allen was quite good, I thought... :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Phait:

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Good job, Phait. It's a good feature writing approach. Keep it up.

- Jeff

Thanks, but if you mean feature writing i.e. as in for musician mags, I doubt it... I don't know too much to contribute. It'd have to be an opinion oriented article moreso than how-to-use-this-software-or-gear, etc.
Features are just as likely to be person-orientated as product-orientated.

If you want some constructive criticism: the conversational style is cool, but a lot of editors would probably cut the stuff where you give your views / anecdotes e.g. "I remember the George Harrison clip etc" as it distracts from the subject and also may detract from your credibility (in this case George Harrison had a lot of very significant work prior to that clip, but it comes across that that is the first you'd seen of him). I've also found that if I give too many of my own opinions during a face-to-face interview I can derail the thought processes of the interviewee. That can be a good thing in some circumstances however.

Cool interview though :thu:

Yeah interviewing Lee WAS a challenge because I am not too familiar with alot of her influences and bands related to the styles of bands she is in, etc... generation gap. So it was difficult, but we managed.

As for this interview being more lively and a little more "me", the other ones at the site aren't so much that - those were more focused.

Nahhh, youth is way overrated. :D

Thanks very much for a cool interview Phait! And thanks for the nice comments... Angelo, you are welcome to be in love with me any time you want! :)

And I did NOT invent Woody Allen, or have a torrid affair with a drum machine.

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

And I did NOT invent Woody Allen, or have a torrid affair with a drum machine.

Maybe not but you've invented lots of woodies for lots of guys who wished they'd had a torrid affair with you. :D

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived