Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Camper Van Beethoven's gear stolen. Please HELP!

The original Camper Van Beethoven lineup has gotten back together, and their gear has been stolen in Montreal!

http://www.campervanbeethoven.com/gearstolen/

I just found out the original CVB lineup has gotten back together and are currently touring. This was great news to me. Any other Camper fans around here? I'm looking forward to seeing them in Ohio next weekend. Anybody else going to either the Columbus or Cleveland shows?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I love Camper Van Beethoven, but I didn't know they had reformed. That's great to hear!

Major bummer about their gear theft, though. I can't believe they stole Jonathan Segel\'s violin . I can't believe he rejoined the band! :eek:

I hope I can catch them in concert before they break up again.

They're playing in Frisco, at the Fillmore, on Nov. 4! I found out tonight that they got back together. Turns out, they played in Toronto last night, which is only about an hour and a half trip. I almost threw up when I found out I missed that show! But I will be doing everything possible to catch at least one of the Ohio shows next weekend. Yeah, Jonathan is in the band. What a surprise! Check it out, there are a couple recent Camper shows avail for download here...scary tight!

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php

David Lowery is based here in Richmond and has been a real force in the music scene. Cracker and CamperVan played a free dbl bill the beginning of the summer. I couldn't make it, but heard it was great (of course!).

Here's a link to the full list of stuff that was stolen:

http://www.campervanbeethoven.com/gearstolen/

And some specific items they're looking for:

"Most of it is replaceable, but there are four items we would like to find in particular. Jonathan's Violin has been with Camper for 20 years now, and it has great sympathetic value. His Stratocaster is a '71 and hard to replace. My P-bass was a cheap buy, but a great instrument that recorded and played very well. David's Surfcaster is our favorite rhythm guitar and they are not made anymore and are hard to find. That on was particularly nice tone wise. All of these instruments are uniquely broken Camper items."

This sucks so bad!! Unfortunately it happens to us quite often. I never leave any gear that isn't replacable outside and NEVER ANY instruments. I know it's a pain in the ass to bring it in but what choice is there? Clearly there is no other. Either someone has to guard the Trailer or You have to leave a couple guard dogs in the trailer with the gear. :mad:

Getting your cats and dogs to urinate, defecate, and claw on all carpet and fabric upholstered items guarantees a lower theft rate. Learn this and other musician-oriented tips in Martha's new prison-approved internet magaz - 404

Archived