Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HOLY S%!#T this is evil!!

Lee,

Regardless of this party's disclaimer and their bold comments about KNOWING THE LAW, they have obviously overlooked the most obvious criminal activities they are involved in. This is a quote taken directly from the FBI's web site.

Federal Bureau of Investigations - Investigative Programs - Cyber Investigations

The FBI also works to prevent criminals, sexual predators, and others intent on malicious destruction from using the Internet and on-line services to steal from, defraud, and otherwise victimize citizens, businesses, and communities.
I think that the activities described would fall well within the guidelines above... not to mention uninvited SPAM, in itself, is a criminal activity.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to Spokenward's provided information, listing the owner of the domain, here is the bit of information providing this guys Service Provider, and Registrar information. You might wish to contact one or both of these contacts, provide them the domain name, the IP address listed just below, forward them a copy of the email spam you received, and have their site shut down immediately until a full investigation has been made in regard to fraudulent activity. If there is BAD JUJU about you on their site, no one else will be able to see it and these jerks won't be able to sucker anyone else in.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns3.shareyourexperiences.net 66.79.189.220

scratchy.shareyourexperiences.com

Registration Service Provider: AplusNet(APRO)

apro-n4e-racc@abac.com

http://www.aplus.net

Registrar: NAMES4EVER, http://www.names4ever.com

Originally posted by Rabid:

Almost sounds like blackmale to me.

Robert

Hey! He could be WHITE!

Oh, you mean blackMAIL! :D;)

Sounds like some kind of scam. "I'm doing you a favor. Pay me to find out what it is!" It's almost like those "sweepstakes" notices I get in the mail. Send them $9.95, and they'll release the prize. :rolleyes:

If you have nothing to hide, I'd ignore the jerk.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Ahh free enterprise at its greedy worst.

I actually think there is hope. I dont expect very many people will pay for this BS. Even if these guys make a significant amount of $ for themselves - I cant really see this going mainstream involving usage by a broad swatch of folks. If we are lucky it might die a natural death as such market forces prevail.

Then again, CARFAX still exists and, based on reports my own cars I know its totally unreliable in terms of identifying significant accidents that did not result in the totalling of the vehicle. Its disclaimer absoves it of any responsibility for the integrity of its database.

29.95 please.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Thanks for the heads up, Lee (and spokenward)! :wave:

One thing I've done to keep spiders or whatever from ripping my e-mail address off of webpages is instead of using "@" in the email, I use the code "@".

Such that:

spanky@quack.com

becomes is changed in the html code to:

spanky@quack.com

That way, spiders won't recognize e-mail addresses (although they probably have a way to do it by now... :( ).

Originally posted by Kendrix:

...Then again, CARFAX still exists and, based on reports my own cars I know its totally unreliable in terms of identifying significant accidents that did not result in the totalling of the vehicle. Its disclaimer absoves it of any responsibility for the integrity of its database.

29.95 please.

No doubt! When Carfax began advertising we were looking for a used car. Because the service was purchased (at that time) for a short period of time, I first entered both mine and my wife's cars. My wife's car had been in a major accident just prior to our move to Nashville. She was in a fender-bender in our apartment complex several years later. Carfax had absolutely no information about either incident or on similar incidents involving my car.

Carfax is a waste of money at best, and completely fraudulent at worst. How can they make the claims regarding discovery of previous car issues when I could find nothing on cars I knew had been totalled?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Yeah, Carfax is another great example of a site that theoretically provides a valuable service, but obviously they've duped a lot of people into paying for it when their information is not reliable. They're basically a pawn of the used car industry. This one is even more insidious. Like Kendrix said, I'm hoping it will just die a natural death because the bottom line would be that people don't actually want to pay for it, but there are other such "services" that have caught on despite being bogus and/or worthless.

Archived