Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Really strange disk copy issue

Wow! I needed to burn a few more of my demos cds so I stuck a copy in the play drive and a Sony blank into the recorder and told it to copy.

This demo is one that I send or give to folks that I want to have a full demo, 22 tunes.

Well, what I got ain't a copy of my demo. It's some totally different stuff. 17 songs in a totally different genre. How in the hell can this happen?

I took it down to the DAW and stuck it in the drive and low and behold, the same different stuff.

Anyone with any ideas????

I just installed CD Creator 6 but that shouldn't be the problem though it's showing lots of disk errors when I try to run an ISO. (Phaeton, I'm trying to get that dragon bsd thing going on cd.)

So, second question, is any body else having issues with CD Creator 6? Maybe a bad batch of cds? They're Sony so should be ok...

Weird shit going on with all my computers today...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see if I can figure out what you just said. You went to make a copy of your demo disk and the copy ended up being a set of different songs. Then you checked out the demo disk and it has those different songs on it? So, the copy process actually worked fine. The problem is that the demo disk seems to have been overwritten with those 17 different songs? Has anyone in your family been messing with your stuff?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Yeah Bob, the songs aren't mine. A completely different thing.

And, NO, no one did anything. I just bought a new package of Sony disks, opened it, put one in the record drive and an existing cd of the music I wanted to copy and let 'er copy.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

Dak,

Reboot and Try burning the CD again.

Tom :cool:

Tom, I'll give it another shot tomorrow but I did have some success in burns but they showed errors. Damned things worked in a couple players though.???

Our Joint

I've got Botch's disease.

Dak,

Be sure to perform the Easy CD-creator's drive read/write tests.

Reboot and try again.

V6 does have updates on Roxio's web site - but the software should work ok out of the box.

Good luck,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Well, I DLd the updates and tried to run them. I'm told I already have the most up to date packages.

I did have the program run test and then record. Maybe I need to just find a test drives only???

Anyway, yeah real strange, especially since I don't have the music that got recorded anywhere on my computer unless it's squirreled away somewhere in the CD Creator folder as a demo or something. I guess I'll have to search that out.

Our Joint

Originally posted by Count Dakula:

Anyway, yeah real strange, especially since I don't have the music that got recorded anywhere on my computer unless it's squirreled away somewhere in the CD Creator folder as a demo or something. I guess I'll have to search that out.

You know the music has to be somewhere on your hdd, unless easy CD creator is accessing the Internet while burning. I used to use an early version of Easy CD Creator and it worked fine until I upgraded my OS. Then it just never worked right. At this time I just use the built in Windows crap, but I do want to explore getting some better software for that.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Archived