Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT That's enough out of Canada

Ok Canada. I've lived right beside you all my life. I love you man, but I'm sick and tired of the cold air you send across the border year after year. What's up with that? Stop it. No more Alberta Clippers. No more 'cold Canadian airmasses'. This morning, our temp dropped 30 degrees in the space of about an hour. It's frickin cold out! The weatherman said it was your fault and he should know because he is a meteorologist. I'm going to have to ask you to stop this. :mad:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by phaeton:

If you're going to talk to the Soviet Canadians, you'll have to address them in russian.

Hey?!!!!

(In Russian accent) Fine. I crush you like Chechnyan uprisink! :eek:

oooo shit, I'm gonna hear about that one!!

As for the weather, stop sending US the remnants of your hurricanes! :P

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Well, we don't have a better place for Hurricane Shards. (That WBAGNFARB)

But you, on the other hand, live with that cold-assed air all the time. :D

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

That's one of Botch's sayings.

It stands for Would Be A Great Name For A Rock Band. :thu:

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Originally posted by ptuzer:

Originally posted by cwfno:

Originally posted by Botch.:

North Dakota's in Canada, ain't it? :P:wave:

:D what do you mean eh?
Where is North Dakota? Isn't that west of Colorado?
To get to North Dakota you go north. To get to South Dakota you go south.

bbach

To get to North Dakota you go north. To get to South Dakota you go south.

yeah.. *duh*

Just like to get to North Carolina, you go north, and to get to South Carolina, you go south.

Conversely, to get to West Virginia, you go west. And to get to Virginia you go Virginia.

(moral of the story is i guess never trust Americans for directions.)

I was once asked if Idaho was an island north of Washington State. True Story. For that person's birthday i bought them an atlas of the world. (and they liked it)

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I think we should build a big wall between the US and Canada... Because THAT'S WHERE THE COLD AIR COMES FROM!!! :mad:

...an excerpt from Lewis Black's HBO special "Black on Broadway" where he discusses Bush's tax cuts, the sorry state of the US economy and how the US Government should provide jobs that hire the unemployed who spend their paycheck on goods and services because 'that stimulates the f*ckin' economy too!". If you haven't seen this guy on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", he's really funny. The HBO special is even funnier. He came to Duke University a couple of weeks ago to a packed house. Damn if he wasn't even funnier in person.

Catch his act if you can.

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Gotta agree with ya, Lewis Black is hilarious. :thu:

Hey, phaeton; who was it that said, "There ain't no North Carolina. It's upper SOUTH Carolina!"?

Some '30's radio comic, I forget his name. Any ideas?

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

small bit o' trivia

north dakota was intentionally left out of an atlas one year. Something to do with the number pages and how they were folded and bound or something.

/jim

"...it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lacking patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It is the same in any country."

-Hermann Goering, second in command of the Third Reich

Originally posted by HOTTBoX:

I'm in Vancouver B.C. Canada. Doesn't get cold here, unless a big chill from ALASKA hits us.

AHA!! Touchè! That's right - WHO'S ON TOP!!!! (geographically speaking, of course :D )

Cheers!

Spencer

Now, now, don't try to weasel out of it, Canada-boy! :D

Originally posted by Da HalloWeasel:

What is this "cold" of which you speak? :confused::P

- Jeff

Jeff, cold is when nobody had a neck. We all walk around with our shoulders scrunched up against the cold and you don't see a neck until spring.

bbach

I honestly can say that I can't brag about the weather here - except that we're probably the foggiest city in North America. There are 'Fog Conventions" held here annually for christ sake :eek:

For the most part, though, the weather is pleasant enough for being surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Not too hot, cold, dry, wet, etc.. Although it does take some getting use to if you move here from someplace that has never seen snow before - we get a fair bit of it in Jan/Feb. Good thing I like to shovel

Cheers!

Spencer

Originally posted by flyscots:

After somebody murdered our sun and replaced it with the wettest summer on record, apparently we're in for our coldest winter ever, starting next week!

Damn those Visa regulations! I miss the sun.

Fly, I'm pretty sure your sun is alive and well. He's just been detained at the same airport with Cat Stevens. They'll let him out as soon as we win the war on terrorism.

bbach

Archived