Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Musicplayer Recipe Book

Instead of using pizza crust mix, use an 8" flour tortilla (serves one). Cheese, sauce (I use Ragu pizza sauce), pepperoni, green pepper, and white onion.

Cook at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet or on the oven rack.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foil packs - great over an open flame

1 1/4 to 1/3 Lb. hamburger patty

1 Idaho potato (Yukon Gold works good too)

1 carrot

1 onion

Aluminum foil

Salt

Pepper

Slice onion, carrot and potato. Place one sheet of foil on top of another and then line the bottom with potatos, carrots, and oinons. Place salt & peppered hamburger patty in the middle. Add more potato, carrot, and onion. You can also add green bell pepper, if you like. I want to try this with Cajun seasoning. Wrap foil around the whole deal and fold the edges to seal in the juices.

Cook over coals or in the oven, checking occasionally to see that the potatos are soft and break easily. Cut the meat to see that it's done all the way through. Let it cool off and enjoy! :)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by Botch.:

BlueStrat, I make something similar to take on my backpacking trips. I use pepperoni instead of hamburger, it keeps long enough without refrigeration for the first day. :thu:

I learned to do that in the Boy Scouts. We did a lot of tail-gate camping. :) The backpacking trips usually involved Ramen Noodles or Cheez-Wiz, deviled ham, and Ritz crackers. :D

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Baloney, cut in pinwheels, fry till nearly black. Remove from heat. Place the pinwheels in the center of a piece of white bread. Cover in mustard. Place another slice of white bread on top. Enjoy!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by Geenard:

Baloney, cut in pinwheels, fry till nearly black. Remove from heat. Place the pinwheels in the center of a piece of white bread. Cover in mustard. Place another slice of white bread on top. Enjoy!

A fried baloney sandwich? Is that a recipe? :D I've enjoyed quite a few of those, but I never thought of there being a "recipe" to it.

Take a package of Mack's Liver-mush and cut it into 1/4" thick slices. Fry slices in a medium skillet. Scramble an egg in the skillet. Put liver-mush and egg between two slices of toasted white bread. Breakfast is served. ;)

Liver-mush is a mixture of pork liver and cornmeal, along with a few spices to give it added flavor. It tastes similar to patte (ground goose liver).

Anyone have a recipe for saw-mill gravy?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by Blue Strat:

Originally posted by Geenard:

A fried baloney sandwich? Is that a recipe? :D I've enjoyed quite a few of those, but I never thought of there being a "recipe" to it.

Take a package of Mack's Liver-mush and cut it into 1/4" thick slices. Fry slices in a medium skillet. Scramble an egg in the skillet. Put liver-mush and egg between two slices of toasted white bread. Breakfast is served. ;)

Liver-mush is a mixture of pork liver and cornmeal, along with a few spices to give it added flavor. It tastes similar to patte (ground goose liver).

Anyone have a recipe for saw-mill gravy?

It was a joke. :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• 1 month later...

We were talking about Mexican food on another forum and I remembered this recipe. You gotta try this, it's very easy and tastes great. This is a dish developed by Mexican cooks to use up stale tortillas and other leftovers.

Easy Chicken Chilaquiles

Oil and then layer the bottom of a glass baking dish with tortillas, or tortilla chips. Place them in the pan and smash them down with the heel of your hand. On top of that add a layer of tomatillo sauce, or crushed tomatillos, mixed with chicken pieces, shredded chicken, or whatever meat you've got on hand. Now add a layer of shredded Mexican cheese, or whatever kind of cheese you have on hand. Repeat these layers until you fill up the dish, Tortillas, tomatillo and chicken, and cheese. This is kind of like a Mexican lasanga.

You can get at least two or three layers, maybe more depending on your dish, and how thick you make the layers. Place this in the oven and cook for 25 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees, depending on how many layers you have. You're gonna like this, I GuaRaNTee it. It's muy delicioso.

There's a hundred different variations of this dish, but I think I've distilled it down to it's simplest form. If you want to spice it up add some chopped fresh jalapenos, cilantra, garlic whatever ya got.

Serve this with my Ground Turkey Chili, and some homemade guacamole and chips, and you've got a Mexican feast.

Archived