Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any info on this person

Hey folks, any idea what Mr. Mike Sokol is upto these days. He used to contribute to EQ during the days when there was a LIVE section to the EQ mag.

Couldn't seem to find much info pertaining to a site of his own on the net. He had written some good useful articles for EQ back then

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

"Live Jazz friday nights at The Zodiac Bar"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike is very active doing seminars on surround sound, as well as audio for churches, in conjunction with Fits and Starts productions, which is Hector La Torre's company. Hector was the editor of Modern Recording for many years, and steered EQ in the pre-Mitch Gallagher days. Mike is also into doing some inventions, but I'll need to catch up with him at AES to find out more.

Originally posted by Anderton:

Mike is very active doing seminars on surround sound, as well as audio for churches, in conjunction with Fits and Starts productions, which is Hector La Torre's company. Hector was the editor of Modern Recording for many years, and steered EQ in the pre-Mitch Gallagher days. Mike is also into doing some inventions, but I'll need to catch up with him at AES to find out more.

Thansk for the post. Was always wanting to know as to why the company scraped the "LIVE" section of the mag. Was it a part of the new direction they were planning to steer the mag on, alongisde with the new layout and other changes??

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

<

That was really more coincidence than anything. There was some interest in live sound-related material on the part of readers and advertisers, but there was nowhere near as much interest as in recording-oriented material.

FWIW the people who put out EM and Mix did a live sound magazine for a while, but it folded. I presume they had the same problems.

Originally posted by Anderton:

Hector La torre emailed me with some info on Fits and Starts productions. Thanks for the info

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

Archived