Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Liquid Stands Folding Z

I have the regular Z by another brand name.  Happy with it as a digital piano stand that slides under my desk.   This variation looks promising for seated and standing gigs.  Anyone have it yet? 

IMG_0522.png.c6a581854da4c927ce33761791cb5abc.png

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

One thing that looks great about that design is that folded up the hinges all hang in the same direction. I use Z stands, and my only complaint is that carrying them folded up gravity keeps one set of hinges closed, and pulls the opposite set of hinges open.

• Like 1

Ha, I do the same with my z stand.  El cheapo (since I owned it already) way to add a "desk drawer" without adding a desk drawer!

I was considering something similar for single-keyboard gigs--this or the Knox accordion brace one that doesn't look to be available anymore--but end of the day my Omega Pro folds up pretty well.  It's heavy, but any gig where that would matter I'll use my cart.  I don't like the 2nd tier spacing and it makes it very awkward to transport.    I dusted off the Spider Pro for two keyboard gigs.  There are things I like, and dislike, about each of my stands.  

• Like 1

Add me to the list of guys using one of the Liquid stand with wheels in lieue of a pullout keyboard tray (thanks to whoever it was on this forum where I first saw that idea)...Having just one stand for just a few months is obviously a small sample size...but I really like the price/quality ratio with these guys.  And it's good to have a new player in the stand game anyway; as we've discussed before, it seems to be a stagnant little piece of the market, in need of some innovation!

• Like 2

I'm in violent agreement with most of what's being said here. I have 2 of the wheeled versions, and for what they are and the price, it's a top competitor for a single board option.

I don't know why almost every stand maker doesn't really know what we as players want in a second tier.  It HAS to be able to get right down against the bottom board. Easy set up/tear down and solid feel. Fill that need and get rich.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

I don't know why almost every stand maker doesn't really know what we as players want in a second tier.  It HAS to be able to get right down against the bottom board.

I forget which brand I have (I bought in on Amazon), but my second tier was so high over the lower one I had to take a Sawzall to it to bring it down closer to where I like it.

I think I may give this folding Z a try.  It looks like an easy carry.  I’m not sure how it might bungie on my cart though.  I’m a fan of one trip (piano, stand, seat and speaker).  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560