Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The youth today and Leslie speakers 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, JamPro said:

Brent Midland of the Grateful Dead had 6-8 Leslies on stage

A few years ago, a keyboard-phobic guitarist friend asked me for an example of what I thought was a “perfect” Hammond rock solo.  This was what I came up with:  Brent Midland live with the Dead.  At least two Leslies visible on stage.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSfiBh_Df6fD3NbL_ofmlL78b9GAlvXRL?si=P6AarsvAZNPRzrUs

• Like 2

"I like rock and roll, man, I don't like much else."  John Lennon 1970

23 minutes ago, Zalman Stern said:

I assumed no proper Leslie speaker could be lifted by fewer than two or three people.

LOL  Back in my roadie days I could carry one of the tallboy Leslie's by myself.   

10 hours ago, Polychrest said:

A few years ago, a keyboard-phobic guitarist friend asked me for an example of what I thought was a “perfect” Hammond rock solo.  This was what I came up with:  Brent Midland live with the Dead.  At least two Leslies visible on stage.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSfiBh_Df6fD3NbL_ofmlL78b9GAlvXRL?si=P6AarsvAZNPRzrUs

According to the Brent Mydland Wikipedia page (I know - there is one - weird huh), the GD bought three B3s when Brent joined the band, and Brent used 10 "modified Leslies" when touring.  I'm a big GD fan, but this is verging into Spinal Tap territory.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Mydland

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zalman Stern said:

Is it legit to call Rotofon's "Leslies?" I assumed no proper Leslie speaker could be lifted by fewer than two or three people.

It looks like someone got themselves a bunch of Leslie 120s, rotosonic, passive.

On 8/10/2024 at 7:17 AM, JamPro said:

. . . the GD bought three B3s when Brent joined the band, and Brent used 10 "modified Leslies" when touring.  I'm a big GD fan, but this is verging into Spinal Tap territory.

Maybe this is why the GD employed two drummers—in case one of ‘em blowed up on stage:Python:

"I like rock and roll, man, I don't like much else."  John Lennon 1970

On 8/9/2024 at 10:36 AM, ElmerJFudd said:

Nice click bate, yes?! 😉

Yes. You are a master bater. 

Sorry. Someone had to say it.

• Haha 1
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.