Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do SMOKE-EATERS work?

A bar I have played at, the owner (smoker) admits that "Yeah, even the smokers are complaining," about the cig smoke level. He's getting two Smoke-Eaters. I don't know how much they cost but I think it's thousands. I have never seen these things work well at all. Have you? Maybe they're better these days. If they suck, I'm gonna tip him off, maybe he can cancel and buy something else cuz he does want to make it better and I do like this bar. It's not small. I'd say 4-6,000 square feet.

You would think someone would invent something that truly works.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by LiveMusic:

A bar I have played at, the owner (smoker) admits that "Yeah, even the smokers are complaining," about the cig smoke level. He's getting two Smoke-Eaters. I don't know how much they cost but I think it's thousands. I have never seen these things work well at all. Have you? Maybe they're better these days. If they suck, I'm gonna tip him off, maybe he can cancel and buy something else cuz he does want to make it better and I do like this bar. It's not small. I'd say 4-6,000 square feet.

You would think someone would invent something that truly works.

I play fairly often in bars with and without smoke eaters. There is no question that it is much much better in bars that have the systems. Saying that, you still come smelling like crap..it just isn't as bad and your eyes don't burn as much....but you can tell you were in a smoke filled bar.

Sometimes to me the smoke eaters make it just enough better to make the difference. Either way though I still drive home with my windows open and I still have to take a shower.

Chuck

It sounds like he is planning on getting some kind of industrial version of those things. Clean Rooms for industry use them. The home models only start at $50. Seems odd, though, that some people expect a bar to be like a hospital.

So, do the patrons of (oxymoronic) smokeless bars NOT take showers and change clothes for the next day? Believe me, we can smell you even when you've been to a bar or not. Except, we can't ban you.

There are worse things in the world.

Archived