Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need to stabilize Hammond foot switch

I am using a Hammond FS-9H at church while playing my XK-3c.  It works great.  But it loves to move around on the carpet.  I'm looking for a clever idea of a way to solve the movement problem.  Some kind of mounting surface.  Plywood is too thick.  Maybe an over-sided mouse pad that I could affix it to using double sided tape?

Ideas?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha MOXF8, Ventilator 2

Non slip adhesive mat at the bottom of the pedal?

Just added some on the feet of my newly (used) purchased Kawai sustain pedal.

IMG_20240719_203637.jpg

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

You mentioned carpet, could  the "hook" side of velcro on the pedal hold it in place?

All my pedals seem to do pretty well on my 4x6 "rig rug", which I bring to every gig and bring to the stage if its not already carpeted.   Rugs on stage can look nice in any case :) 

• Like 1

I attached a string loop to the heal of the pedal and loop it around one leg of my stool.  It tries to get away but it can’t. I’ve been doing this for decades. 

CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

12 hours ago, MrVegas said:

I am using a Hammond FS-9H at church while playing my XK-3c.  It works great.  But it loves to move around on the carpet.  I'm looking for a clever idea of a way to solve the movement problem.  Some kind of mounting surface.  Plywood is too thick.  Maybe an over-sided mouse pad that I could affix it to using double sided tape?

Ideas?

There's really only one answer, ya gotta burn the church down.  They'll most likely install a way better floor.

I suggest removing the XK3c first (I'm still finding it truly delightful thru a leslie)

• Haha 2

After I discover the Roland DP 10, I have replaced most of my sustain pedals with one.

The soloution with the rubber plate under your heel prevent it to slide away.

I don’t think you can use it instead of your FS since it use a TRS plug, but perhaps you can copy the solution and find a thin rubber mat you could mount to the bottom of it ?

IMG_0633.webp

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

I found a large mousepad and got some double sided tape, good to go!

• Like 2

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha MOXF8, Ventilator 2

My pedals have scratchy side Velcro on them for pedal case mounting.  I’ve found when using the pedals at home and rehearsals out of the case on carpet they grab the carpet. It works great     Accidental delight. 

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt