Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

[AUDIO] Chain Reaction / The Crusaders (Live in Japan '78)

Hello folks,

This is not really related to anything, but I stumbled upon a pretty cool live album (bootleg) of The Crusaders playing in Japan in 1978 that I thought others here would dig. ;) This performance has Billy Rogers on guitar - his tone and cutting is so crunchy...I love it.  Of course, the rest of the band, including Joe Sample, are on fine form too!

I tend to prefer the Crusaders late 60s/early 70s output, however this live performance is really good!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

James

x

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

9 hours ago, Ivan May said:

Thanks for uploading this! The Crusaders have always been one of my favorite bands.

Yeah, me too!  I love their 60's material under the original name of The Jazz Crusaders.

Just to clarify, I didn't upload the clips, I just stumbled upon then one day when searching for live performances of The Crusaders.
There's sure a full performance from which these songs are taken, however I couldn't find it on YouTube - at least, not at good quality.

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.