Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Only way to get full res from Spotify, Tidal, and Qobuz

I just got off the phone with Cambridge Audio and they kinda confirmed what I was thinking about stream quality.

1. I subscribe to all three premium services.
2. I can connect to my Cambridge CXN v2 via: Spotify = Spotify Connect | Tidal = chromecast | Qobuz = chromecast

Chromecast downgrades the signal so you're never going to get full resolution from Tidal HIFI or Qobuz subline (or whatever tier give you high res).

So, it seems to me that these are total wastes of money UNLESS you connect directly to a computer via USB (a good quality one).

So, am I correct to say that, if you're not going to connect to a computer, you're going to get the same quality as Spotify? No better from Tidal or Qobuz?

It's so hard to do an a/b comparison and those are subjective anyway and normally tainted by confirmation bias.

Am I right here though? Thoughts?

Just now, cayine said:

I just got off the phone with Cambridge Audio and they kinda confirmed what I was thinking about stream quality.

2. I can connect to my Cambridge CXN v2 via: Spotify = Spotify Connect | Tidal = chromecast | Qobuz = chromecast

Chromecast downgrades the signal so you're never going to get full resolution from Tidal HIFI or Qobuz subline (or whatever tier give you high res).

So, it seems to me that these are total wastes of money UNLESS you connect directly to a computer via USB (a good quality one).

So, am I correct to say that, if you're not going to connect to a computer, you're going to get the same quality as Spotify? No better from Tidal or Qobuz?

It's so hard to do an a/b comparison and those are subjective anyway and normally tainted by confirmation bias.

Am I right here though click here. Thoughts?

thanks in advance for any help

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2024 at 8:47 AM, cayine said:

Am I right here though? Thoughts?

thanks in advance for any help

spotify music promotion

no response to this