Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Grilled Peaches

I'm very nervous about posting an OT right about now ;):P but these were too good not to mention.

Its peach season. Slice two ripe peaches in half and lay them face down on the grill for five minutes. Meanwhile, whisk two tablespoons brown sugar, two tablespoons spiced rum, and a heavy pinch of cinnamon together in a bowl. Turn the peaches cut-side up, spoon the rum mixture into the pit depressions and on the cut flesh, and grill for 7 more minutes. Put the halves in two bowls, and put a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on top, then drizzle the ice cream with any leftover rum sauce.

Damn, dessert doesn't get much better than that! :)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Botch.:

I'm very nervous about posting an OT right about now ;):P but these were too good not to mention.

Its peach season. Slice two ripe peaches in half and lay them face down on the grill for five minutes. Meanwhile, whisk two tablespoons brown sugar, two tablespoons spiced rum, and a heavy pinch of cinnamon together in a bowl. Turn the peaches cut-side up, spoon the rum mixture into the pit depressions and on the cut flesh, and grill for 7 more minutes. Put the halves in two bowls, and put a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on top, then drizzle the ice cream with any leftover rum sauce.

What kind of BS is this!!! Grilled Peaches???

Next thing is someone asking how to clean his sink!!!!

This is not American Housewives... ;)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Originally posted by Botch.:

I hear this also cures depression.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

That........sounds good.

You gotta love peaches. When I was a kid my Dad had a friend, outside of Atlanta, who owned a peach farm. Every year, my Dad, Mom, three sisters and me, would go out there and pick peaches for free. I think we always got 4 or 5 bushels. We gave a lot of them away, and my Mom canned a lot, and then we would make homemade Peach icecream with some of it. That's pretty good stuff.

"Movin to the country, gonna eat me a lotta peaches" - The Presidents of the United States of America

For some reason I'm thinking a side of uncured, center-cut BACON would go well with this :love: ... kind of a variation on ham with pineapple. You could do that bacon on the same grill so the fat drains off, leaving it nice n crispy.

Or a grilled peach, bacon, and peanut butter sandwich... thankuhverramuch, uh-huh.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived