Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CRAIG R U THERE ?? R U OK??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by djarrett:

Craig lives in ground zero where the hurricane came on shore. I only pray that he and his family are safe.

DJ

Amen

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Here's hoping everything and everyone is safe and secure at Craig's place. I would imagine it's going to be a few days before he can get back on line - he either evac'ed or they don't have power - either way, it's going to be hard for him to get online for a bit.

You're in our thoughts and prayers Craig!

Hope everything is ok with Craig. But Phil, I highly doubt Craig will be online for some time.

My parents live in Boca Raton, well in the line of the storm but about 70 miles south of the center. They phoned my brother outside Chicago yesterday to say they had neither electricity nor phone. They planned to keep the cell phones off as well to conserve battery power. (Since they have no idea when power will be restored.)

Craig is on a dial-up connection, so I doubt we'll hear from him except through a third party, via cellphone. That's assuming the local cell towers are standing and the system is active.

:(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I've been laying low on the forums recently, but I will chime in here. CRAIG, I'm praying that all is well with you and all others who have been affected by this storm.

Dendy,

Do you have any addresses to where folks can send a care packages? If people live in areas that were hit hard, the stores will be selling out goods as quickly as they can get them in. If we can send non-parishable foods or other necessary items directly to our affected forumites and virtual friends through next day Parcel Post or the equivalent; I'm sure that they would be appreciative.

Craig, when you have access, please let us all know any way we can help you. For all that you have done for these forums..... need I say more....?

Take care, and please check in!

This storm is MASSIVE in it's size and reach. The entire peninsula has been affected, and I don't mean by little breezes, either. Charley's eye was 5 miles from us, and Frances will be a 3 day visit with tropical storm force winds. and then there is Ivan..... hopw you are doing well there, Craig. Let us know!This is HELL! ---Lee

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Neil, i wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple of weeks... while Frances wasn't as hard hitting as Charley insofar as maximum wind velocity, it was a HUGE storm as far as the effected area. And because it was so slow moving, things apparently REALLY got drenched; and there's a lot of flooding. And since the repair crews are already so busy with cleaning up after the last storm, it may indeed take a while before people can get back home, and before utilities are back online.

Again, my thoughts, prayers and well wishes go out to everyone who has been effected by these storms.

Well, apparently west Boca was hit very mildly, for the most part. My parents electricity and phone are back on. Electricity was out for only 32 hours or so. But they were not the hardest hit areas by a long shot. Ironically, now their cell service is out. I imagine Craig's area was much harder hit and he may not have any way to contact the outside world directly.

I'm holding out hope that Craig and family are not only ok, but will regain utilities within days rather than weeks... but I guess we'll know when we know. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hi, Ani:

I have actually considered getting in the car and driving to Craig's, but because they are saying stay out ... I have not. Afraid I would have difficulty getting gas.

Anyway, I will let Craig post his address if he is into a care package campaign. That would be his call. It is a tremendous suggestion!

I still have not heard from him, and cannot raise him on his cell.

DJ

I would say that the "Care Package" option would be good...and, despite the fact that Craig is our host and brother, and oft-times mentor, let's not forget that there are dozens of families that may also need help. A gift to your local chapter of the American Red Cross might be the wisest thing. I'm sure they will funnel the aid where it's most needed.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Tedster,

I donate a generous portion of my wages to the Combined Federal Campaign year round, which the funds are allocated to go the the Salvation Army and Red Cross. Whenever people that I know personally, even if only virtually, that I consider to be a friend have been directly affected; then it is within me to want to do whatever I can to help a friend or a loved one in need out.

Although grocery stores will be restocking their shelves, people will be buying the product out before the next shipment can make it in. The lines will be enormous, the wait exhausting, and the selection of picked over goods will be frustrating.

To mail a package of non-parishable foods direct to the victim ensures that THEY will receive food in a timely manner without having to wade through sludge, or wait forever in lines.

There will be FEMA available to all stricken by the disaster, but I don't feel that a collection for a specific person or two or three is being selfish or disinterested in the welfare of others affected.

Craig has done A LOT for these forums, and is probably a large portion, along with Dendy and a few others, for these forums being in existence. I view this as an opportunity to GIVE BACK what Craig so generously does for all of us... being there for him in his hours of turmoil and distress.

If he was unaffected, I'm sure that he would have checked in by now... as others have been reporting in.

If Dendy would approve, I can set up a page with PayPal for folks to make donations if they choose. If MusicPlayer wanted to use their PayPal account to receive the funds, or whatever... I'm here. The last care package that I sent out consisted of dried fruits, nuts, canned meats, snack crackers, granola bars, and etc. I sent enough to last the average person a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks. Water is also a need in many cases, but water is extremely expensive to ship; more than it's worth unless it's a critical situation.

I've known Craig, virtually, for over four years; I consider him to be a friend.

Most of South FL from Palm Beach North has no power..Certainly the East coast area's. Where Craig lives is inland a bit more and he will be coming online in due time. I'm sure he was hit hard like everyone else. I'm sure he's fine...

My family on the other hand were in Central Palm Beach county and they got hit HARD...I have been unable to contact anyone as all phones, cell phones and power are still out. There is a curfew from 8pm-4am and there are still places that have a few feet of standing water flooding...There is widespread damage and My mom lives in a Trailer park and I pretty much expect that she now has no home.

The Thought of another one coming is too much. Please put out all your mass consciousness vibes toward IVAN, that it misses FL. I don't wish it upon anyone else but FL can not take another one at this point.

Ani:

Give me a day to determine if this will make it through our corporate company.

I cannot see a reason why it would not.

Thanks,

DJ

btw: Craig is just inland from Stuart. I do believe that was consider ground zero for landfall of this behemoth!

D

Everyone I know and have heard from in Florida (and I know a BUNCH of folks all over the state for some reason) reports that they are doing fine but do not have power and don't know when they'll get it back. They're also leaving their cell phones off to conserve battery power, only turning them on to check in with folks. Most are more worried about secondary damage from rain/flooding than the actual hurricane.

Here in Atlanta the weather was great all weekend, but today you can definitely tell there's a storm nearby... it's been gusty/windy, and mostly cloudy, though no rain to speak of and the sun is peeping out right now. We are supposed to get pummeled with the aftermath of Frances tomorrow though, with up to 12" of rain forecast! It is very likely that I'll lose power for awhile, as the transformers in my neighborhood seem to blow up any time there's a heavy thunderstorm. :rolleyes:

I hope everybody in the storm's path is OK, so far the news seems good so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everybody that we haven't heard from.

Archived