Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Serious question(s) about radio...

How do I go about getting program directors to seriously consider playing my stuff on the radio?

(Quit laughing! and clean up the mess you just made from falling off the chair)

What do radio people want? What's in it for them?

Do you guys listen to radio much? There's a station in Austin called KGSR that's pretty unpredictable and melodic but other than that I don't listen much.

"If you will it, dude, it is no dream." Theodore Hertzel, 1948. State of Israel. :cool:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get hold of the college radio stations. A lot of them love playing locally produced music. Especially rock & acoustic music.

Make sure your web site URL shows up prominently in the liner & the DJ might read it over the air - - that's usually good for several thousand hits on your website.

Twy local regional radio and listen to all the stations that have open mic type formats for info on how to be heard.

Theys stations all over the world that'll air your stuff at least once.

All over the US too.

good luck.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Lance, if you have cable, check-out Austin Music network, it's channel 15 on basic cable here in the city, you may be able to get some exposure there. There is "local-licks" on KLBJ, they are very picky about what "BANDS" get heard. KGSR is the weirdo station, to moody and schizo for me, that is possible if you do the clubs with you're "BAND".

It probably the same everywhere in the country, people sitting around with cushy radio jobs thumbing their noses at the "ARTIST" working to make dreams come true, wait till they rip you off, thats even better, there is alot of theivery in the music-biz, or so I've heard. I went to jam with some cats several years back and I played a song for them that they were recording and then I saw them trying to play that song on AMN a few weeks later, it sounded bad, bad, bad. It was such an obvious rip-off, I guess they didn't know that it's difficult to steal from a genius, ha, ha. :D

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by pseudonym:

It probably the same everywhere in the country, people sitting around with cushy radio jobs thumbing their noses at the "ARTIST" working to make dreams come true, wait till they rip you off, thats even better, there is alot of theivery in the music-biz, or so I've heard.

Thanks for the rainbows! :D

No cable for me, buddy. I'm more like Bob Geldof's character in THE WALL. Just me, a couple guitars and a vacuum cleaner.

Actually, I think one of the main line commercial stations here in KC (96.5 The "Buzz") has an hour or something on Sunday evening called "Home Grown". You might want to find out what stations in your area do that, if any...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Actually, I think one of the main line commercial stations here in KC (96.5 The "Buzz") has an hour or something on Sunday evening called "Home Grown". You might want to find out what stations in your area do that, if any...

Thanks Ted, I'm working that angle with a station back in Maryland. I think with enough persistence getting some air time is do-able. Then it's up to the listeners.

Archived