Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Laura Branigan R.I.P.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, that's scary. I'm 47. Brain aneurism. :( At least I hope it was quick. She could sing. I never particularly cared for her disco-tinged hit...but, she did have a great voice.

Rest easy... :(

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Terrible news... unfortunately I went to a friend's funeral in the beginning of the year who passed away for the same reason. She was 27.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Holy crap. I'd never go to a doctor over anything but the most severe headache.

47 is ridiculously too young. Aneurisms are like that, though. Little time bombs in your brain, all but undetectable on their own. Frightening.

RIP Laura.

- Jeff

One of my best friends died from a brain aneurism at age 16.

He had a really bad headache for a week and the doctor told him to take some Aspirin and go home.

Things like that can happen to anyone at anytime at any age.

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

Originally posted by Rod S:

Terrible news... unfortunately I went to a friend's funeral in the beginning of the year who passed away for the same reason. She was 27.

Originally posted by Duhduh:

One of my best friends died from a brain aneurism at age 16.

He had a really bad headache for a week and the doctor told him to take some Aspirin and go home.

Things like that can happen to anyone at anytime at any age.

Rodrigo and Duhduh, I'm sorry for your losses. Ages 47, 27, and 16 are all too young to die. Aneurisms seem to kill at any and every age. When I was a teenager, we lost a neighborhood boy to one. IIRC, he was just seven or eight years old. :(

Nothing is guaranteed. This is another reminder to treasure life while we have it.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived