Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World's easiest "hack" to add an ipad music stand to the K&M 18880

obxa

For charts,  normally carry a mic stand that has an Ipad adaptor on it.  Tends to get in the way on tight stages with my full rig,  plus always wished it was closer.  

Was shopping Etsy for Ipad adaptors that mount to the Yamaha YC.  Pricey for 3d printer stuff.   Didn't need the full YC music stand either.  Prefer to view music to LH side, unless doing  L-shaped organ rig- where it goes on the RH. But it's always been too far right (see last live gig shot...)

Went to the mic stand graveyard in my garage - wondering if I could just stick an orphan boom stand arm in one of the open cavities of the K&M.  You can.  Fits perfectly at right height and stays put.    Of course won't work doing double tier.  Will consider one of those clamp on things Amazon sells, but already had this stuff at hand.  For solo  and L shape setup, I'm happy .    Would probably work with similar top cavity stands. 

We got several of these Manos ipad holders  for my church band because they work with any size tablet without taking it out of its case.   

IMG_5484.JPG

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5488.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

• Like 5

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

1 hour ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

While we are here... Any idea on a similar thing for a MODX6+ and a generic X-stand?. I hate when any band member collides with my music sheet stand and crashes with my immaculate MODX6+ 😡

Whack the band member with their own instrument for a time until they learn to be careful.  I swear that drives me nuts, I don't blunder into their drum sets or step on their pedalboard.   It's one reason I like a heavier keyboard stand and even don't mind the keyboards to have a bit of weight, the Modx6 is liable to take a flier.

With most keyboard stands that have an open tube (round or square, or rectangular to a point), the Onstage mic boom adapter works well.  It slides into the tube and then it expands when you turn the knob until it presses against the sides and holds it in place.  I've used it with X stands, Z stands and basically anything that has an open tube.  You'd need a way to mount an ipad holder, I expect there are such that use a threaded mic boom bolt.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stokely said:

While we are here... Any idea on a similar thing for a MODX6+ and a generic X-stand?. I hate when any band member collides with my music sheet stand and crashes with my immaculate MODX6+ 😡

This is what Stokely is talking about- I also  used one of these forever with a small  gooseneck extension and same ipad holder and have one on my church rig.   It actually fits in the square opening of the K&M too. But too low.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZMDEVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

IMG_5490.JPG

• Like 1

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.