Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi O.T. - Mic being picked up on MixPad but will not record

Lindaru

This is all new for me.  Bluebird (condenser) mic for which I purchased a Sterling Audio PHP, and the appropriate XLR to XLR and XLR to USB cables.  Everything is powered and working.  When I pull up my NCH MixPad software, make sure the correct input and output are selected, I can speak into the mic and it shows sound on the V.U.  However, it will not record onto it.  I checked my Windows 10 settings and I have microphone permissions on.  Any ideas why it might not be recording?  I also tried with Audacity and it will not record on there either despite having the input and output set.  One thing.  There is an extra choice which I have not selected ASIO CoreAudio microphone which I am not sure what that is.  I did for the fun of it try to select that and I got a message saying it would adversely change my audio.

In searching, they are saying something about an analog to digital converter.  Am I going to need to purchase an additional device and cable to get it to work?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic