Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wewus... put your money where you mouth is!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Hmph. I have an old upright piano and it rocks.

The reason your piano rocks is the wood is rotten on one side (possibly eaten out by termites) or the bearings in one or more of the casters have crumbled. The easiest way to correct that would be to cut some really big wooden shims, and smack them under the low side to level it.

Yeah... I figured you'd find a way to weasel out of it. :rolleyes: (No offense, Jeff)

Fact. We had two upright pianos.

Fact. At least one, if not both were in working order upon arrival.

Fact. Christy labored for several days to remove (and destroy) the inner workings of the piano, including removal of all strings and pins, cutting the lyre up, and dumping the action in a dumpster.

I don't see how you equate the use of the frame as a prop as encouraging people to use old uprights as pianos. Why would you care if they turn them into beds or planters or firewood. Fact is they're out of commission as pianos for good.

Next time be careful what you wish for... it might just come true. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

OK, I'll pay you. Will you take a bad check?

Don't let this deter you folks, keep those pictures of destroyed pianos coming in, and who knows maybe one day you'll go out to the mailbox and there will be a big fat check.

You should do it just for the good of musicians, and mankind in general. If you're doing it just for the money then something's wrong!

One thing I like to do when people call me out to work on old uprights, is hose it with lighter fluid when nobody's looking, then throw a lit match on it, scream "LADY!!", and run out of the house, and jump in my car, and peel out. I do that for free!

Originally posted by TheWewus:

One thing I like to do when people call me out to work on old uprights, is hose it with lighter fluid when nobody's looking, then throw a lit match on it, scream "LADY!!", and run out of the house, and jump in my car, and peel out. I do that for free!

:D

Originally posted by TheWewus:

...Don't let this deter you folks, keep those pictures of destroyed pianos coming in, and who knows maybe one day you'll go out to the mailbox and there will be a big fat check...

Lies, lies, and more lies.

You should do it just for the good of musicians, and mankind in general. If you're doing it just for the money then something's wrong!...
Hey, you were the one who suggested there was money to be made for doing this. Anyway, the company was already doing it for the money. It was less expensive to buy and modify real (junky) pianos than to fabricate a prop piano from scratch.

Just a warning to the MP Forum community. Don't get sucked into this or another Wewus thread scam. They're popping up everywhere.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Hmph. I have an old upright piano and it rocks, no matter what any piano snobs have to say about it.

We have one too. I don't know if it rocks because I never touch it. One thing for sure, I'm not hauling it out in one piece.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

When they're full of rocks they're even harder to move....but seriously folks the #1 reason there are so many old upright pianos around is because they are sooooooo heavy, and hard to move.

After 30 or 40 years they kind of become part of the scenery in a room. "Oh and here's our piano, it don't play so good". Yeah....I know.

The average old upright weighs 500 to 600 lbs., and some weigh 800 lbs. or more, and are harder to move than any grand, not only because of the weight, but because of the shape. They're hard to get a grip on. I hate 'em. Did I tell you that already?

My gf's grandparents told me that i can have their piano if i just take it away. It looks like a baby grand, made of some greenish-tan looking wood.

But wtf do i know, and where the hell would i put a piano?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Lee Flier sez:

Hmph. I have an old upright piano and it rocks, no matter what any piano snobs have to say about it.
Tuning your guitar does not count as rocking...

urk10 sez:

Hmph. I have an old upright piano and it sucks, no matter what any piano snobs have to say about it.
Tuning your guitar might help you from sucking, but there are plenty of guitarists that suck even when they are in tune.

:D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived