Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pat Metheny - New Talent

Motif88

Pat finds the best. Chris Fishman incredible 24 year old talent.

image.jpeg.2c3da3e5f0a6327beafe1d1cdd0397d8.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled across Fishman a few months ago in this unfortunately-titled Louis Cole video and was really impressed. (Fishman plays in “Version 1”, though “Version 2” is also worth a watch for Logan Kane’s spectacular bass playing.) Amazing to see that Metheny has already snapped him up. While it’s hard for me to watch anyone playing keys on early PMG tunes other than (sigh…), Chris Fishman seems like a great choice.

B/Midiboard/VirusKC/Matrix12/EX5/Maschine

I like how Pat gets new musicians for his groups.   He hear them on video etc or get recommendation to check someone out.   Then if he thinks they might works he just cold calls them to come over and hang out and play.  I doesn't tell them it's an audition, but PM calls you out blue it's got to be an audition.  He does this sometime while the current band is still all together and PM is just checking people out for future use.   Other times its known someone is leaving the band.   Being it isn't and "audition" if it doesn't PM doesn't have tell you sorry, you just don't hear from him.   

Also PM wants everyone to play multiple instruments even you you don't.  I remember great sax player Chis Potter when with PM  he was asked what else he could play and he said nothing so PM taught him enough basic guitar chords to play on a couple tunes. That's cool idea.