Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rumor: Roland ditching Jupiter-X and Juno-X, something brewing?

ElmerJFudd

Strange. I just did a bunch of searches. Best synthesizer 2023, best keyboard synthesizer 2023, best workstation keyboard 2023, etc... Every list had a Roland keyboard on it. Only the workstation search returned a list with a Yamaha. It was right under the Roland Fantom 08. Of course it is all speculation. Keyboard manufacturers don't release their sales figures to the public. 

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

16 minutes ago, RABid said:

Strange. I just did a bunch of searches. Best synthesizer 2023, best keyboard synthesizer 2023, best workstation keyboard 2023, etc... Every list had a Roland keyboard on it. Only the workstation search returned a list with a Yamaha. It was right under the Roland Fantom 08. Of course it is all speculation. Keyboard manufacturers don't release their sales figures to the public. 

Maybe Thomann’s “sales” list not having a lot of Roland representation is cause and/or effect of Thomann’s decision to reduce or eliminate their Roland relationship. As far as I know (which isn’t a lot), Roland is doing fine with these products.

I have heard the same rumors of additional Fantom software coming, and I hope it’s true. Early on there was some hardware analysis of the Fantom and it was thought at the time that there was still a good bit of untapped FPGA capacity in the board. That’s another rumor, but if true, Roland laid the ground work for a lot more features; some of which they did deliver on after the initial release, and perhaps some runway left.

• Like 1

A few years ago, Thomann had a random MIDI router in their year-end 10 best-selling synths list. Before that, I'd wondered if the lists were gerrymandered, but after that, I assumed there was institutionalized DILLIGAF about the lists. But it's possible the lists are accurate. I also wonder, as others above have, if this is like when the sports network and the satellite TV provider are negotiating, and people are like, what happened to football? It's gone! And then, just in time, it comes back all of the sudden. We'll see.