Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Playing Live - keyboard patch levelling with 2 keyboards

Briggs

Revisiting this threat after much more gigging and experimenting.

i have settles on the opinion that sending a single stereo mix is for me. I saw some say this is bad, but sometimes I might have various splits on both keys - it’s not like the sound guy can control those and really, what’s the difference between a split or two keyboards 🤷‍♂️

I have now purchased a rack mixer with a monitor out. I have my keyboards and mixer line and monitor levels all set at home for perfect gain staging. I monitor what songs I am having to turn up or down for and make minor adjustments to patches after each gig. My gain staving means the balance between both keyboards at every gig is exactly the same, and I can control the balance tweaks needed based on the room etc.

Its working great, and no complaints from sound techs so far!

Thanks to everyone for your input - there’s never one simple answer to anything 

• Like 1