Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Halfmoon-Switch / Ashby Solutions is closing

Hi All,

[First off, my apologies in advance if this post is inappropriate.  If the moderators want to kill it, that's OK.  Either way, this will be the only post about this topic I make here.  If you have any questions about the items, please send me a PM, or email to bw@wahler.us.]

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be closing down Halfmoon-Switch.com (a.k.a. Ashby Solutions) very soon. I'm having email problems, essentially caused by Google, and it looks like it would cost a bit of time and money to fix them. Given that the profits from the business have been terrible the past year or so -- many months, I don't even make enough to take my wife out for a nice dinner -- that's not in the cards. (Long story, send me a PM if you really want the details.  Hint:  unless you're tech-y, you probably don't!)

So, I have a small number of Ventilator power supplies, two Mini-Remote modules, one FC7 adapter, and probably enough parts left to make 15-20 Halfmoons. After that, I'm calling it a day. And after July 8th, you might have to PM me here or at bw@wahler.us to place an order, because the website may be gone.

Note: This is NOT a veiled attempt to drum up business. There isn't enough business in 2023 and beyond to change my mind. If you bought stuff from me in the past, my sincere thanks. If you were thinking, "I should pick up a Halfmoon (or a spare Vent power supply, etc.) from Bruce sometime, your opportunity is limited ...

Best regards,

-BW

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Regards,

-BW

--

Bruce Wahler

Halfmoon-Switch.com

http://halfmoon-switch.com

bw@wahler.us

For what it's worth, I bought one of your FC7 adapters years ago and you wouldn't believe how useful it's been for me. Long after the Roland board I originally bought it for bit the dust, it now allows me to use my Motion Sound footswitch to control the Leslie sim on my Mojo. I can only imagine the labor of love running a niche business like this is. Particularly since I'm probably a little younger than your average customer, I want to let you know how much your work has been appreciated.

Hope a nice dinner is in the cards for you and your wife real soon. ❤️ 

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• 8 months later...

Was searching for Ashby Solutions and came across this post. Really sorry to hear! Purchased a Vent II, two half-moon switches and an adapter to use my FC7 expression pedals with Roland keyboards. Bruce, really glad you and your products were there.

-------------------------------

Nord Stage 3, Mojo Classic, Leslie 771, Vent

Based on this post by Bruce nearly a year ago i purchased the Luna half moon switch.  It's configurable to be used with Motion Sound, Hammond, Crumar, Nord, KeyB, Neo Vent, and a couple others through changing the internal dip switch configuration.  Very very cool. He also supplies a couple of ways to mount the halfmoon so that it is secured to the organ.  The price was reasonable in my view given that it can be configured to be used with so many leslies, in my case I can use it for three different leslies/sims; the BURN, the Vent, and the Motion Sound LowPro/Pro3T.  If I made/purchased half moons for each one of those leslies it would have cost way more in total than his configurable halfmoon.

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band