Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Northwest Florida Synth repair

a few years ago (pre Covid), I heard about a guy in the Pensacola/Ft. Walton area who was considered a Moog repair Jedi Master of sorts. I found him and reached out, and he said he would look at my (keyless) Mini/Roland CV box combo, to see why it had quit working.  I packed both pieces up and brought them to the area, but along the way, I somehow lost his contact info.  I can't even remember his name, let alone how to reach him. 

By chance, does any of this ring a bell for anyone here?  

It's not a guy named Lucky, is it? I've used him in the past, and he was definitely a wizard, but at the time he was out of ProTech, in Lynn Haven, north of Panama City. It's been a while so I have no idea if he moved west to the Ft. Walton area.

If not, I'd be happy to call an old drummer who has been a professor at University of West Florida in Pensacola for decades now. He may know.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Neither of those rings any bells, but thanks for the leads.  I may be able to figure it out by booting up an old computer and searching the old emails.  I'll try that when I get home. thx again.

16 hours ago, jerrythek said:

Wes Taggart?

Google searching:

Personal information like this is gathered from random sources and can include instances of misspelling, typos and misinterpretations. This can explain the varying name and location combinations. The name Wesley Taggart is associated with cities in Ohio and Florida.

It may not be the Moog restorator Wesley Taggart but I suspect this Wesley Taggart's wife is Noreen and together they complete ties to Ft Walton / Pensacola FL and Ohio where the Moog restorator Wesley Taggart operated as Analogics........A coincidence?

Pensacola / Ft Walton:

There is a "Wesley Noreen Taggart" associated with Ft Walton, FL which originally could have been "Wesley & Noreen Taggart" on some address info.

Noreen Noone (72) associated with Florida and name "Wesley" (68)

Noreen Anne Taggart associated with Crestview, FL. Crestview is located just north of Pensacola and Ft Walton

The Moog restorator Wesley Taggart's business Analogics:

"Wes Taggart, dba Analogics, in Ohio"

Analogics.org (website offline) Geneva, Ohio

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/analogics/541057690

A Wes Taggart associated with 3 Ohio cities shown with Riverview, FL as current and Brandon, FL in past (Tampa Bay area but as the crow flies a boat ride across the gulf from Pensacola and Ft Walton).

There is a listing which has Geneva, OH as current address.

Another listing for a Wesley Taggart of Geneva, Ohio is in records (68 yrs).

Other locations in Florida

Wesley Taggart associated with Edgewater, FL (Atlantic side south of Daytona)

Wesley Taggart associated with Clearwater, FL (gulf side)

4 hours ago, The Real MC said:

OH not FL

Used to be, he moved to Florida a while ago. See oOAmpyOo’s web search results above.

I sent my Minimoog to him a couple of years ago for restoration. But I think he’s retiring…

Jerry

Wes Taggart gave me Jareth Lackey at SynthPro. Northern AL.  I went to his site and sure enough, he's living in Ft. Payne, but his phone number is still an 850 area code.

KC comes through once again!!  😍

• Like 3