Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need SONAR3 poweruser help, please.

How can you group multiple tracks in SONAR3 for doing simultaneous edits - not just CTRL clicking, true grouping with crossfades and all across the group? Also, can you select multiple tracks (like all of them) at once and change their output bus?
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what you mean by "grouping with crossfades and all" (please explain further), but the track one is easy.

Select the tracks you want (ctrl-click for multiple tracks) and go Track > Properties > Output. Then change the output.

Originally posted by Anderton:

Not sure what you mean by "grouping with crossfades and all" (please explain further), but the track one is easy.

Select the tracks you want (ctrl-click for multiple tracks) and go Track > Properties > Output. Then change the output.

I thought I'd tried the ctrl click and properties thing. I'll do it again.

By crossfades and all, I mean each of the tracks should copy whatever you do to a single track - group editing, sliding, crossfades, etc.

No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

What you'll probably find easier is one of the following options:

1.) Create a new output bus and change all the tracks you want to have the same properties to have their output as that bus. Make automation envelopes on that bus.

2.) Create the envelopes you want on one of the tracks. Select the track and choose Copy. Paste onto the next track, choosing Automation.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

Originally posted by jlampson:

What you'll probably find easier is one of the following options:

1.) Create a new output bus and change all the tracks you want to have the same properties to have their output as that bus. Make automation envelopes on that bus.

2.) Create the envelopes you want on one of the tracks. Select the track and choose Copy. Paste onto the next track, choosing Automation.

John

Yeah, I already do those things, but I don't want a work around. The other thing that would be nice, is if there's a way to insert a new send on multiple tracks. Can it be done?

Archived