Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyscape Creative - 1500 patches, free update

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=140

Free Update features over 1500 patches for users of Keyscape + Omnisphere

We are thrilled to announce the release of a newly expanded 2023 edition of the Keyscape Creative library, bringing the total to over 1500 Omnisphere patches specially designed for users who also own Keyscape. The vast library of sounds was produced by renowned sound designer Eric Persing, showcasing the creative work of our award-winning Spectrasonics Sound Development team. The expanded library features a tremendous variety of stunning new patches showcasing the power of combining the latest features of both Keyscape and Omnisphere. Keyscape's richly detailed keyboard sounds, including the new Double Felt Grand, have been dramatically transformed using Omnisphere’s deep synthesis capabilities and effects. The Keyscape Creative library offers a wide variety of inspiring sounds for modern music production and is available now as a FREE update to all registered users.

Pricing and Availability
The Keyscape Creative Library v1.6 update is FREE and available now for registered users of both Omnisphere 2 and Keyscape. All existing users can get the new library by simply clicking the “Get Updates” button on the splash screen of the user interface to download it. After installation, the patches will appear as a new Omnisphere directory the next time it is opened.

Omnisphere 2.8.5 and Keyscape 1.5 or above are required

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

As if the 10,000 sounds in Omnisphere wasn't enough already.  Plus the number of sounds in Keyscape. 

Adding 1,500 more sounds reads like more variations on the same string and ultimately...sound analysis paralysis.🤣😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

48 minutes ago, ProfD said:

As if the 10,000 sounds in Omnisphere wasn't enough already.  Plus the number of sounds in Keyscape. 

Adding 1,500 more sounds reads like more variations on the same string and ultimately...sound analysis paralysis.🤣😎

Keeps interest in an existing library and product going as sales slow.  Still an excellent collection of keyboard instruments sampled and developed into very playable virtual instruments.  Just use a fairly new computer to host it. 

6 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Keeps interest in an existing library and product going as sales slow.  Still an excellent collection of keyboard instruments sampled and developed into very playable virtual instruments.  Just use a fairly new computer to host it. 

Sure.  It keeps Spectrasonics in business.  it provides musicians with a buffet of sounds too. 

Yet, I doubt that more KB sounds will lead to creativity and innovation resulting in new styles of music. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

4 hours ago, RABid said:

Maybe I can get a job with some superstar, just going through VST's and rating thousands of patches.

Apparently you can earn some sort of a living off YouTube if you appeal to enough subscribers and get enough views on any number of topics.  But it’s a lot of work keeping up with all the new stuff and pushing out a new video every week or less. It becomes a job like any other. I understand they supplement with a product, merch, or a course or some content you withhold for viewers want the whole enchilada. 

7 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Apparently you can earn some sort of a living off YouTube if you appeal to enough subscribers and get enough views on any number of topics.  But it’s a lot of work keeping up with all the new stuff and pushing out a new video every week or less. 

The people who are making a living off YT say there is way more going on in the background hustling content and occasion sponsor, planning, scripting, shooting and editing video.  The investment in gear and learning how to use it.   Last it take a long time to build an audience Adam Neely and others say they were on YT for many years to finally build up a regular audience of viewers.   Then YT itself seems to be constantly changing how it counts your viewership and if they and where they are going to place you in recommending your YT page to others.    What I've heard recently from content creators is YT is pushing hard for all creator to do more with short-form content.  Some music content creators have said their numbers are way down, because YT is mainly pushing those doing short form.     I also heard one say YT creator say YT is planning a big change for viewers, that people should be subscribing now to everything their interested in so they can be grandfathered in to avoid a possible fee in future.  So making a living off YT is work like any other job. 

It is more like working self-employed doing it all irregular hours. Every time you pause for a breath you lose a little. Always have to keep stimulating the business. 

Respect Rick Beato with more than one YT channel, Instagram, teaching courses, manuals and traveling for interviews. When you add self-funding like Patreon and GoFundMe you create obligations to fulfill in most cases. Typically they are done with a trade off. There is usually an option to just donate but most people want something either purchasing a course or a coffee cup or whatever.

4 hours ago, RABid said:

Maybe I can get a job with some superstar, just going through VST's and rating thousands of patches.

The great masters had assistants to mix paint, stretch canvas and prepare and apply fresco plaster. There wouldn't be enough time and energy to do the art otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docbop said:

The people who are making a living off YT say there is way more going on in the background hustling content and occasion sponsor, planning, scripting, shooting and editing video.  The investment in gear and learning how to use it.   Last it take a long time to build an audience Adam Neely and others say they were on YT for many years to finally build up a regular audience of viewers.   Then YT itself seems to be constantly changing how it counts your viewership and if they and where they are going to place you in recommending your YT page to others.    What I've heard recently from content creators is YT is pushing hard for all creator to do more with short-form content.  Some music content creators have said their numbers are way down, because YT is mainly pushing those doing short form.     I also heard one say YT creator say YT is planning a big change for viewers, that people should be subscribing now to everything their interested in so they can be grandfathered in to avoid a possible fee in future.  So making a living off YT is work like any other job. 

Right, because they need “shorts” to compete with tiktok.   Apparently shorts rack up tons of views which means it appeals to people’s short attention spans.  Haha. 

I think there’s room for both long and short form video.   They appeal to different audiences or at least audiences at different times depending on their interest in the topic and amount of free time they have.   

1 hour ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Right, because they need “shorts” to compete with tiktok.   Apparently shorts rack up tons of views which means it appeals to people’s short attention spans.  Haha. 

I think there’s room for both long and short form video.   They appeal to different audiences or at least audiences at different times depending on their interest in the topic and amount of free time they have.   

It's not just TicTok Instagram is short form compared to YT.   I wasn't a fan of short form at first but some are getting the hang of creating a condensed video and then some support it with a long form YT.    It all creators having to follow YT's game du jour so they can get their video pushed by YT. 

5 minutes ago, Docbop said:

It's not just TicTok Instagram is short form compared to YT.   I wasn't a fan of short form at first but some are getting the hang of creating a condensed video and then some support it with a long form YT.    It all creators having to follow YT's game du jour so they can get their video pushed by YT. 

I see some more info that suggests long form YouTube videos are not going anywhere.... 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/technologyinvesting/youtube-is-about-to-make-a-big-change-viewers-are-going-to-absolutely-despise/ar-AA1bn4LH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d6317c2b644d40e99ead36e436aaeab0&ei=54

"The last thing YouTube viewers want is more, unskippable advertisements, but that's exactly what viewers on the television apps are going to see going forward. At its Brandcast event for advertisers, YouTube announced that it is bringing 30-second unskippable ads to connected TVs. Advertisers who want that captive audience will have to sign up for YouTube select, the targeting option for advertisers who want to reach viewers of the service's most popular programs. "

7 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

YouTube announced that it is bringing 30-second unskippable ads to connected TVs. 

that's already happening on Peacock and other streamers, and longer... commonly 1-2 min.  There's a little timer down on the corner, which signals 'hey I have a couple minutes to go get a cup of coffee' 😁

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud