Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AirMotion+ Bluetooth breath controller

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this. Specs and price ($132) look good. Admittedly it doesn't really *look* good.

• Like 1

Kurzweil PC4, Expressive E Osmose, UNO Synth Pro, Hammond B-3X on iPad, Rhodes Mark II Stage 73, ART 710-A MK4s

1 hour ago, Jwave said:

Thanks for posting this. Specs and price ($132) look good. Admittedly it doesn't really *look* good.

I know a few forumites who enjoy to play with a breath controller.  Dropping the cable might be nice! 

I’m hoping some crew comes up with a Bluetooth midi triple pedal for Pianoteq on iOS.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

But then you need a phone to receive the MIDI and to process it. I guess you can buy a cheap used iPhone for less than the price of a MIDI solutions box and it won't be wireless.

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

1 hour ago, aronnelson said:

But then you need a phone to receive the MIDI and to process it. I guess you can buy a cheap used iPhone for less than the price of a MIDI solutions box and it won't be wireless.

Mac/iPad/iPhone/PCs have bluetooth and host a boatload of virtual instruments that would benefit from using a breath controller with. 

Here are a two that immediately come to mind. 

https://audiomodeling.com

http://chrishein.net

4 minutes ago, JamPro said:

Didn't Roland build a similar motion sensor (the so-called D-Beam) into their VR-09 and other keyboards?

The focus of this product appears to be measuring the force of the breath from your mouth. They also have a model that measures motion. Yes, I presume somewhat similar to the D beam which is featured on a lot of Roland instruments, placed flat on the surface of the instrument, and you placed your hand over it closer or further away from the sensor.