Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using Barcus Berry piano pickups?

I've had one sitting around for a few years, then recently started using it on one of my regular gigs. When it works, it works well enough, but every once in a while I'll simply get no signal from it. Unplugging and replugging everything doesn't seem to help. Then I'll get it home and plug it in to test it, and suddenly it works again. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what the solution might be.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still use mine.  Besides checking the non robust cable:  You didn't mention if you were using it's accompanying green pre-amp?   

That thing was always dicey.. Went so far as buying another one I found dirt cheap on Ebay- same problems.    Instead,  I use a LR bags para-di  thing meant for acoustic guitar.   Have also used the cheap Behringer clone of the Bags,  and it actually is decent.

I use blu-tac to mount the pickup. 

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

11 hours ago, obxa said:

You didn't mention if you were using it's accompanying green pre-amp?   

That thing was always dicey.. Went so far as buying another one I found dirt cheap on Ebay- same problems.    Instead,  I use a LR bags para-di  thing meant for acoustic guitar.   Have also used the cheap Behringer clone of the Bags,  and it actually is decent.

Yeah, I'm using the pre-amp. My wife has an LR Bags DI. Hadn't occurred to my to try it, but I will, thanks.