Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motion Sound updates line - SX, New Models

And with them comes a considerable price increase. 

The 610SX is now $1799 on Sweetwater, up from I think $1599. 

I must say though, as an owner of the previous 610 I am still stoked on the products. Great sound, relatively small size, and at least for me in a rock setting with 2 guitar players a way to easily keep up and sound great. 

I presume they chose to port the boxes this time around to produce more low end.  Although, for piano, I’m not sure which would sound better.  A sealed enclosure might comparatively have a punchier/tighter low though but not extend down as far as the speaker is capable.  We’ll have to wait and see as they show up in shops and on YouTube to get some reactions to this change.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

3 hours ago, zxcvbnm098 said:

And with them comes a considerable price increase. 

The 610SX is now $1799 on Sweetwater, up from I think $1599. 

I must say though, as an owner of the previous 610 I am still stoked on the products. Great sound, relatively small size, and at least for me in a rock setting with 2 guitar players a way to easily keep up and sound great. 

I've got a 610s , way better than any other Amp for keyboards I've owned or tried . Everything in my modx sounds great , very warm , as much big sound as I could need . Weight is not bad , it's fairly compact . The big but is , still lacking in the  ap dept. And it just does' t do my hx3 organ justice , it's an excellent clonewheel . I think it's still head and shoulders above the previous ms500 . One of our forum members was impressed with the Yamaha dzr10 , am very tempted to check this out

2 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

I presume they chose to port the boxes this time around to produce more low end.  Although, for piano, I’m not sure which would sound better.  A sealed enclosure might comparatively have a punchier/tighter low though but not extend down as far as the speaker is capable.  We’ll have to wait and see as they show up in shops and on YouTube to get some reactions to this change.  

That's what I would wonder too. At least with ports, if you don't like what they provide, you can stuff something in them.

Here for the gear.

5 minutes ago, drawback said:

That's what I would wonder too. At least with ports, if you don't like what they provide, you can stuff something in them.

True true.   I’m guessing they tried it both ways and felt the sound was better ported for the new model.   

12 minutes ago, MathOfInsects said:

IMG_3892.jpegIt has the Speakon too.

What’s your best guess?  A change was made at some point on the 610S? 

On a side note they seem to have added an an SL510 2x10 cab for the 610SX and or S.  

1 hour ago, ElmerJFudd said:

What’s your best guess?  A change was made at some point on the 610S? 

On a side note they seem to have added an an SL510 2x10 cab for the 610SX and or S.  

I'm not sure. My first 610S--which I returned--was not ported, and had some other differences from the eventual one. But the one I eventually ended up with was the official release. (I suspect my first one was an early dealer demo.) So my best guess is that MS is supplying the pictures and maybe even early prototypes to the retailers well in advance of manufacturing the units en masse, and their final production units end up different.

• Like 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

The UK site has specs for 610SX.  

KP-610SX Specs:

250 Watts RMS per channel providing 500w RMS continuous at 8 Ohms

1000w watts RMS total output available when coupled with the SL510S passive cabinet or SW-15 subwoofer

Two individual stereo channels each with Volume, 3D Expander, Bass, Mid, and Treble controls

Two stereo pairs of 1/4" inputs on each channel

Master Volume control

Master Low Bass control

XLR mic input (mono)

Balanced XLR left & right outputs for feeding FOH PA systems or recording consoles

1/4" mono output

1/4" output for powered subwoofer model SW15P

2 x 7/8" Neutrik Speakon connection for SW-15 passive subwoofer or SL510S cabinets

Two 10" Faital PRO "10" speakers- 250 Watts, 8 ohms

Two 3.5"x 3.5" 50 Watt Dynamic Drivers 8 Ohms

Frequency Response - 60-18khz

Weight: 21Kg

Dimensions: Height 42cm Width 59cm Depth 42cm

Do you see what makes this model SX vs S?  Price hike - could be any number of factors these days. 

Here is 408S vs 408SX 

“KP-408S Specs:

400 watts stereo. 200W RMS per channel
Two high power 8-inch speakers
Two 3.5-inch ferro cooled horns
Two stereo pre-amps each with Volume, 3D Expander, Bass, Mid, and Treble controls
Two pairs of 1/4-inch inputs on each channel
Master Volume control
Master Low bass control
XLR mic input
XLR left and right balanced outputs
1/4-inch mono output
1/4-inch active subwoofer output for new SW-15 active subwoofer
Speakon: 8 Ohm passive subwoofer output for new SS-15 extension cabinet
Dimensions: "15" H "22" W "14” D
Weight: 18.25kg”

“KP-408SX Specs:
400 watts stereo. 200W RMS per channel
Two high power 8-inch speakers
Two 3.5-inch ferro cooled horns
Two stereo pre-amps each with Volume, 3D Expander, Bass, Mid, and Treble controls
Two pairs of 1/4-inch inputs on each channel
Master Volume control
Master Low bass control
XLR mic input
XLR left and right balanced outputs
1/4-inch mono output
1/4-inch active subwoofer output with crossover for new SW-15 active subwoofer
Speakon: 8 Ohm passive speaker output for left channel providing a further 200w for SS-15 or other speaker cabinet
Dimensions: "15" H "22" W "14” D
Weight: 18.25kg”

• 4 months later...