Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Several new Yamaha YC Live Sets Uploaded to Soundmondo

Hey everyone,

I finally got uploads to work between Soundmondo and my YC61. I uploaded three Rhodes patches that were created by layering two different Rhodes voices to get the desired effect. I compared the ones called Fender Rhodes and Suitcase Rhodes to that YouTube video of Bob James performing Angela (Taxi theme) with a Suitcase Rhodes in a trio setting and they sound pretty close to me.

There are also two Mellotrons, Strings and one designed to sound kind of like Watcher of the Skies. Two versions of Jump patches, several Poly Synths created by layering different combinations of synth voices with an FM organ. Also a big modular Moog lead sound. You should be able find my content by searching on my last name (Nadelin). Hope you find them useful. It was fun creating them, and I'm glad to be able to share them.

John

• Like 5

Quite like your Jump for authenticity, but I made a fatter (less authentic) version. Will see which fits the mix better, but thanks for uploading. Seems there is quite a bit of new stuff lately and I only just (stupidly) realised it’s a librarian for the YC as well.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Thanks for the feedback. For the patches called Fender Rhodes and Suitcase Rhodes I was trying to get a sound like on the Bob James video where he playing a Suitcase himself. To my ears, it pretty close.

So here's a short clip of the Fender Rhodes live set I just made playing a riff from around 0:20 into the video followed by some brief noodling that I just made. I don't actually know the song so excuse the lack of skill on the performance. 

John

You're right it's a bit bright. I don't notice it so much just playing the YC through phones but its apparent on the recording. Here's a sample of the Suitcase patch with a phaser on it. I made it a week ago when I didn't really know the song at all, but you can get the idea of the tone.

Ok, updated version of the first Fender Roads patch. I turned off the compressors, adjusted the EQ and lowered the velocity depth a little for both voices. I'll keep tweaking it, I never seem to stop tweaking my patches.

I think the Bob James tone you will get using the 78Rd sample, not the 73RD Studio. 

Nord Stage 2 76, Nord Electro 5D 73, Rhodes Mk2 73, Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4, Akai Miniak Synth, Roland JC 120