Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT The Big Reveal in Film

Some of my favorite movie experiences have involved a plot twist or revelation. Looking at my starting list you may get the idea of what I am referring to. This idea came to mind reading the time travel thread so there are some films in this list which were mentioned there.

PLEASE NO SPOILERS

Shutter Island

Moon

Atonement

Planet of the Apes (the original)

Alien

Sophie's Choice

The Sixth Sense

The Crying Game

• Like 2

A few that come to mind - 

Primal Fear

Oldboy

Arrival

The uninvited

Shutter (the Thai movie; there was a american remake that sucks, the Thai original scared the shit out of me)

Open Your Eyes (the Spanish original to "Vanilla Sky")

The Vanishing (Again, the original Dutch movie, which has a darker ending than the American remake, which I enjoyed as well. )

The Invisible Guest (Argentinian movie, probably not well known outside of Latin America)

• Like 1

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

1 hour ago, Rod S said:

The Invisible Guest (Argentinian movie, probably not well known outside of Latin America)

Just watched it, last week.  Actually, THE INVISIBLE GUEST was shot in Spain.  The writer/director, Oriol Paulo, is amazingly talented.  He is obviously a big fan of Hitchcock.  He loves twisting revelations in his stories.  I loved his movie, MIRAGE, which also has some nice twists.  Going to watch his movie, THE BODY, next.

My wife just had my son watch THE USUAL SUSPECTS and ANGEL HEART, because of the awesome reveals. (Not to worry, he's 24!)

I never got into "dream" reveals or "in your head reveals" like IDENTITY or SHUTTER ISLAND.  Some other reveals I liked.

THE PRESTIGE

THE OTHERS

NO WAY OUT (definitely didn't see that coming with Costner)

SAW

ORPHAN

THE SKIN I LIVE IN

INSIDE MAN

UNKNOWN

PREDESTINATION

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scoopicman said:

Just watched it, last week.  Actually, THE INVISIBLE GUEST was shot in Spain.  The writer/director, Oriol Paulo, is amazingly talented.  He is obviously a big fan of Hitchcock.  He loves twisting revelations in his stories.  I loved his movie, MIRAGE, which also has some nice twists.  Going to watch his movie, THE BODY, next.

Indeed.. thanks for the correction.   I watched an Argentian movie recomended by the same friend and got the origin mixed up.   And thanks for the other suggestions.  

• Like 1

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760