Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Apple announces Logic Pro for iPad

I think it will take about 90 days once released to see who and how are using the iPad version of Logic.     The pandemic got a lot of people into DIY beat and music making.  Combine that with bad economy and getting worse Apple probably see it's subscription services are help keeping a steady cash flow so why not see if all those DIY music makers will accept subscription software.   

My GUESS is iPad Logic will become a big tool for the DIY crowd and iPad Logic will be too limiting for real production level work.   Especially if Apple plays games with which can import/export to which.    I don't see the full Logic going away it generate a lot of Mac Mini, Macbook Pro, Mac Studio sales. 

6 minutes ago, HammondDave said:

They just ask ChatGPT to do it… 

There are some school encouraging use of ChatGPT.   Because the AI tools aren't always correct and sometimes make up results,  any student who uses AI better check the facts in the generated doc's or they are screwed.   So students still have to work in refining their queries to AI and checking the result of AI.   

What I thing would very revealing is if ChatGPT and the similar tool had to spit out their sources they results were based on.   I bet that could get humorous. 

21 hours ago, RABid said:

I have not forgotten it. I have mentioned it several times in this thread. To run Logic Pro like I do on my Mac I need at least a 4TB drive and Komplete Ultamate.

4TB drive connected to iPad, easy, NI Komplete Ultimate harder…

Give us examples of sounds you take from NI Komplete that can’t be done on iPad?

With some creative ideas you can accomplish a lot of heavy sounds from the iPad…