Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MJ AI Voice Timbre

30 minutes ago, timwat said:

To be fair, we've never seen Bruno and MJ in the same place at the same time...

Style and phrasing isn’t a stretch, so bending the timbre works really well. 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Well, give it five years, and all the people who are complaining that all the real rock stars are dead can hear them singing the latest hits....

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

13 hours ago, Dr Mike Metlay said:

Well, give it five years, and all the people who are complaining that all the real rock stars are dead can hear them singing the latest hits....

I've been pining after a Tiny Tim version of Sweet Child o' Mine for a while now...

• Haha 1

Here's one of my antidotes to encroaching AI - real talented people playing instruments and singing:

This one's James Taylor, Lee Sklar, Carlos Vega, Don Grolnick and Bob Mann. Produced by Don Grolnick in 1988.

Or Butch Walker and Daryl Hall taking a turn at one of Daryl's best...live without a safety net:

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 1:17 PM, timwat said:

Here's one of my antidotes to encroaching AI - real talented people playing instruments and singing:

IMO, there will always be a lane for artists and musicians who are truly talented, creative and original.

I believe frontier for orginal arists, bands and musicians will be grassroots and back to basics i.e. live performance.

OTOH, I still contend that AI will only be able to reproduce music according to date its fed. 

IOW, AI will never produce a unique voice and/or feel i.e. level of musicianship unique to a particular individual a la Stevie Wonder or Herbie Hancock.

Record companies and other entities will use AI to produce recognizable music in order to avoid paying artists, bands musicians and producers.

Again, AI won't generate anything original i.e. a new style of music or artist or band.

AI generated music will be as original as the bumper music we hear underneath commercials and cooking shows.😁😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"