Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nonexistant customer service at Line 6

picker

I recently bought a Line 6 Catalyst 60, used but with all the paperwork that should tell you how to operate the thing. I found an entry in The Pilot's Manual(what they call their operating instructions) that says it's possible to program the channel switch on the 2-button footswitch to activate or deactivate the Boost function. But, you have to download the Catalyst Edit software onto your phone, tablet, computer, etc. After going through the rigamarole of opening my previously established account, I figured out that I would have to open a different account because THERE WAS NOBODY TO TELL ME HOW i COULD RESET THE PASSWORD ON MY ACCOUNT TO DOWNLOAD NEW SOFTWARE, OR GAIN ACCESS TO STORED SOFTWARE i HAD PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED. I tried in vain for a hour or so to contact anybody who could assist me, with no joy. 
I discovered that Line 6 has their site set up specifically to avoid speaking directly to their customers. It seemingly can't be done. 
In the old days, when you didn't want to interface with somebody, the motto was "talk to the hand." These days, it seems to be "talk to the computer." Actual customer service seems to have gone by the wayside.  Hghly disappointing...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

The last Line 6 product that I bought was the Pod XT back in early 2002 or 2004 or so. I used it a while then gave it to my kiddo.

Here is the last thing I did with it as I recall https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5913545 I think the tone was decent enough both in overdrive and in the cleans.

By the way I never had much luck in getting in touch with Line 6 even back then.

• Like 1