Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I guess Chris Robinson and Rich Robinson no longer hate each other

As evidenced by The Black Crowes performance with Darius Rucker at the CMT Music Awards, I guess Chris Robinson and Rich Robinson have stopped fussing and are finally deciding to tour again as The Black Crowes. I tend to have a love hate relationship with The Black Crowes, but it is nice to see them perform with Darius Rucker , who is one talented vocalist.

The Black Crowes are supposed to have a few touring dates later this year, including at a NASCAR road course race in Chicago in early July.

Hopefully they will get themselves together in the studio. I’m dying to hear a new Black Crowes album. How about you guys?

• Like 3

I have seen The Black Crowes probably a dozen times live, also saw The Chris Robinson Brotherhood twice. Also own all of their cd's.  I guess I'm a fan. :cool:

That being said, I wouldn't bother going to see them anymore. there has not been any new material for many years.

They are now just a cover band of themselves, IMO.  YMMV

Back in their heyday, however, they were a joy to see live. :cheers:

• Like 3
:nopity:

I thought their music was pretty good. Then I made the mistake of running into them.

I've told this story before-anyway I was working at a McD's in midstate N.Y.-not as an employee but, as a temp job to

interview people about their travel to get to McD's, I guess it was to triangulate where a new location would be useful.

Well in walks The Black Crowes. Their tour van was parked in the lot and they had biker-style leather jackets with the band name. There was no mistaking who they were. This was after their cover of 'Hard to Handle' blew up on MTV and before their next single They didn't order any food, just sat at a table and chilled. It was impossible not to overhear their conversation, it sounded like they were on their way back to Atlanta. I didn't really care. Then they all got up and filed out the door. I was smiling, not to get attention but, you know, I knew who they were. They pretty much ignored me except for the guitarist-Rich Robinson I think? he stopped to give me a look of sneering contempt in my white shirt and necktie.
I didn't want to get fired, so I didn't point out to the jerkoff that I had probably played guitar for longer than he did.
Screw them. 

• Like 2

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• 11 months later...
On 4/12/2023 at 10:53 PM, Doerfler said:

I have seen The Black Crowes probably a dozen times live, also saw The Chris Robinson Brotherhood twice. Also own all of their cd's.  I guess I'm a fan. :cool:

That being said, I wouldn't bother going to see them anymore. there has not been any new material for many years.

They are now just a cover band of themselves, IMO.  YMMV

Back in their heyday, however, they were a joy to see live. :cheers:

Well we got a new album!

• Like 3