Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Windoze and Pinball experts

When playing 3D Pinball thats ships with WindowsXP, my PC at home plays like a worn out machine. The flippers don't have any power. When I play at work the flippers can launch the ball all the way to the top of the table. What's up with that? Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kcbass:

When playing 3D Pinball thats ships with WindowsXP, my PC at home plays like a worn out machine. The flippers don't have any power.

I'm not sure,but it's obviously related to your machine,most likely a graphic execution problem related to your video card type.The same game also ships with Win 2K and works fine even on my old AMD K6 beast.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Originally posted by Alndlnbot:

When playing 3D Pinball thats ships with WindowsXP, my PC at home plays like a worn out machine. The flippers don't have any power.

I'm not sure,but it's obviously related to your machine,most likely a graphic execution problem related to your video card type.The same game also ships with Win 2K and works fine even on my old AMD K6 beast.
Ok, reinstalling the video card to se what happens. Thnaks. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

1. Fight the addiction!! :)

2. Boot up in safe mode 1st b4 you change out the card or drivers.

3. If it's fine in safe mode, go to start, run, type services.msc or msconfig and deslect as many apps are are unneeded. Take copious notes, in the event you have to put your system back...

NYC Drew

Originally posted by NYC Drew:

1. Fight the addiction!! :)

2. Boot up in safe mode 1st b4 you change out the card or drivers.

3. If it's fine in safe mode, go to start, run, type services.msc or msconfig and deslect as many apps are are unneeded. Take copious notes, in the event you have to put your system back...

NYC Drew

Let me tell you, I already been there. After a major crash, I went and got an old 4gig hard drive, copied the operating system and all important links and files to it. So if I get another major crash I won't have to start from zero again. I lost stuff dating back to '96. A program came with my new hard drive that will let you copy Win to another drive. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by GY:

My son just got 16 mil the other day. Yes that's for one game. Does anyone know where to get replacement lamps? We have a couple burnt out.

On the Windows pinball, 16 mil? He didn't turn off the tilt, did he? Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by GY:

My son just got 16 mil the other day. Yes that's for one game. Does anyone know where to get replacement lamps? We have a couple burnt out.

On the Windows pinball, 16 mil? He didn't turn off the tilt, did he? Kcbass
My personal best with that game is 9 mil. I didn't know you COULD turn off the tilt...

Any other cheats for that game?

Using Phil's cheat site, I typed in "bmax" before the game....you never get past ball "1".

I was up to 96,000,000 (yes ninety six million) and I inadvertently hit the F2 button.

My plan is to rack up high scores of ...say... 7 million (normal) and 120 million, save it in the high score log, and challenge my 13 yr old son to beat that.

...gotta keep him off the net though, cuz he knows just about every cheat site.

NYC Drew.

Here are my main tactics for 3D Pinball:

1. If the game doesn't want you to win, it will quickly toss you down the drain. No amount of skill will avail you. So if I don't make at least 3 mil on the first ball, I hit F2 and start over.

2. First go for protection. That means send the ball up the hyperspace thingi as many times as you can until you get the "Extra Ball" yellow light on the sides. Also, when any of the wormholes are steady yellow triangles, hit one and you get the orange/red light down under the flippers which means "Shoot again". Once you have both the "extra ball" and "shoot again" lights on, you are really safe to go for as many missions as you can.

3. Once you've gotten past the first 2-3 missions, they get a lot harder. This means you stand the chance of running out of fuel and aborting the mission quite easily. So once you are in the harder missions, spend a lot of time just keeping your fuel level up and just let time and luck help you conquer the mission.

4. When you get nervous and tight, hit the F3 pause and chill for a moment.

5. Above all, play a lot of good music in the background while you waste your time on pinball.

M Peasley

Archived