Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

light single-tier stand, tall edition

We need to hurry up and figure out the anti gravity repulsorlift technology they have in Star Wars.

Not only would it be a perfect stand but load outs would be a breeze.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

When it comes to light table stands, you can’t really beat the K&M 18880. It’s aluminium, weighs less than 2kg and holds up to 50kg. Admittedly needs a small spanner to adjust the height, but it should take 2 minutes.

IMG_0331.jpeg

IMG_0332.jpeg

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

I've used the Knox and the K&M 18880. They're both VERY convenient and usable. The Knox is so cheap and usable I don't know why everyone doesn't have 2. You can get them on Amazon and just send it back if you don't like it. Seriously...just buy one. They fold up to almost nothing and you'll definitely find some use for it. I actually typically use it as a shelf holder for controllers and computers, but seriously, it works for almost everything. You can use it as an angled amp stand for example. Or just put your drink on it.

Some people don't think the K&M is that solid. There's a little bit of rock in it but I've used it endlessly on gigs and while it ain't exactly rock solid, I've never thought it was an issue.  It folds up flatter than an x stand and weighs literally nothing.

I'm lately a fan of the liquid z stand. It goes up to 34.75 inches, comes in a lot of colors and isn't expensive and most importantly COMES WITH CASTORS!  I have 2.  A small bit of assembly at the gig (two thumb screws) but it's rock solid. https://www.amazon.com/Plixio-Piano-Keyboard-Stand-Adjustable/dp/B07574VQPQ/ref=asc_df_B07574VQPQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198057020828&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13394919924170749859&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030164&hvtargid=pla-379121761339&th=1

• Like 1

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

I posted earlier in this thread. I got a Knox stand because of info here. I love KC! The Knox is everything I've been looking for and bought many stands until I got this Knox. Trying to reduce my rig, simplify, lighten the load. The Knox is easy set up and take down, light, simple, very stable, goes tall enough to play standing, and the least expensive stand I've ever bought. Why did I not get one of these a long time ago? Thank you all for being here.

• Like 1
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, SamuelBLupowitz said:

All right, you K&M Omega Pro users, gotta pick your brain. I need a new stand for my Mojo that’s sturdy, has room for all my pedals, will easily change and lock height, and is easy to transport. The platform stands I’ve used for years don’t have locking height adjustment to keep the organ sitting flat at the height I like, and have too many fiddly knobs and feet that unscrew and get lost in transit. I have a different folding stand I love for my 88 key stage piano, but the proportions are just a little off for the legs to angle comfortably with the Mojo on it.

The Omega Pro looks exactly right, but it’s three times what I’ve ever paid for a keyboard stand. Worth it?

I missed this post.  I have been using the Omega Pro on most gigs, as I have the 2nd tier (which is a bit too high for my taste but not a show-stopper).  I really like the stand.  I love the fact that it's completely open underneath and doesn't have a column in my face like the spider pro.  I have the mic boom attachment as well which I leave on, this makes it a bit less portable but not a huge deal.  I have a small bungie I wrap around it to keep the legs from unfolding, otherwise it's all self-contained.

I bought the white one from Thomann (I'm in the states) and the price was WAY cheaper than anywhere here even with the high shipping.  My oft-repeated note on that--if you have other things you need from them, do it in one order as the shipping doesn't tend to increase much if at all as you add more items to your order.  Also, don't spend more than 800 on an item or you'll get US Customs fees, according to Thomann and others who have ordered from them.

• Like 1