Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Survey

Link: https://forms.gle/zA3173yUHcnZ4Ky26

I am emailing you today to ask if you would be interested in participating in a research study I am conducting about the connection between playing the guitar and mental and physical wellness. I am conducting this study for my AdventHealth University English 102 class with Professor Stefanie Johnson.

I have been a guitar player/singer-songwriter for over 20 years and would greatly appreciate your participation and insight into this topic and how the guitar has influenced your life.

The benefits associated with participating in this study include gaining knowledge of the role, playing guitar has on our daily well-being as musicians.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me before making your decision about whether to participate. I can be reached via email at Brian.Dowsett@ahu.edu or my English professor at Stefanie.Johnson@ahu.edu with any concerns.

Best Regards, Brian Dowsett

• 3 weeks later...

Playing guitar keeps me relatively sane. I need my fix very often, and have come back from road trip vacations with at least one guitar I bought on the roads, sometimes two, cuz I can't handle not having access to an axe. This has led to amassing far more guitars than my income level can justify, but I have bonded with most of them to the point of refusing to part with them. Scary sickness for a guy who has to contend with living expenses on a slim budget. They are not living entities, but have individual attributes that force me to rationalize having all of them. Sane people wouldn't understand.

• Like 1
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!