Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FLY 3 Amp Update! For fairness' sake

Quick update, in the interest of fairness -

While the Amps have been disappointing, to say the least, Korg/Blackstar's Customer Service people deserve a 5-star rating.

Having sent an email to Korg/Blackstar, regarding the replacement Fly 3 Amp, I got an email today, from James at Korg, apologizing for the recurring battery issue , while informing me that they're sending yet another FLY 3 Amp, and this time, the shipping department is to check and make sure there are no batteries.

FWIW, I deliberately didn't ask for a replacement for the replacement, so I wasn't expecting one, and didn't feel like they had any obligation to send me one.

I have yet to see, or more properly, hear, what the Amp sounds like, but I had to speak up about the response I've gotten from their customer service department. Maybe, with any luck, they'll wind up going through the current stock to deal with the battery issue, and just maybe, find someone else to make the Amps. 

• Like 6

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I've been happy with both Korg and Yamaha's customer service departments. Can't say that for some other brands.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments