Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitarskey?

ElmerJFudd

My lazy uncle got the idea to combine a fork with a spoon. He patented it and called it the “Foon”. It went nowhere. Two years later someone tried the same concept and called it “Spork”. The rest is history…….

• Haha 2

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

6 hours ago, lightbg said:

My lazy uncle got the idea to combine a fork with a spoon. He patented it and called it the “Foon”. It went nowhere. Two years later someone tried the same concept and called it “Spork”. The rest is history…….

What was your other uncle, the hard working one, up to during this time period? 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

7 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

What was your other uncle, the hard working one, up to during this time period? 

Inventing Cyalume..

• Cool 1

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I have an idea. Imagine a spaghetti western and a bandito wearing bullet belts criss crossing his chest. Combine that with a Chapman Stick and a piano. Each hand having a row of keys on both sides. Flexible worn like a bullet belt. Criss cross a pair for multiple splits and left hand bass combinations. It could be called a Piandito. 

4 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

I have an idea. Imagine a spaghetti western and a bandito wearing bullet belts criss crossing his chest. Combine that with a Chapman Stick and a piano. Each hand having a row of keys on both sides. Flexible worn like a bullet belt. Criss cross a pair for multiple splits and left hand bass combinations. It could be called a Piandito. 

I think this gentleman is moving in that direction

image.thumb.png.08ea69439aa9e675b66e0908d152735d.png

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

There is a very funny comment about this, or really the endorser of it, on the Keyboard Players in Cover Bands FB group, which I won't repeat here. 

Anyway. I imagine this came about like this:

Keytar: "I am fun to play and all, but there will never be an instrument more goofy and contrived than I am."

Guitarkeys: "Hold my beer."

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

18 hours ago, Jon G said:

Keytargar? In all seriousness, how do you play the keyboard without muting the strings on the guitar with your forearm?

First thing I noticed! 

Maybe it's a KeyMuteTarBoardThingie?

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.