Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

USAF shoots down "object" near Canada

“The Pentagon on Friday declined to provide a more precise description of the object, only saying that U.S. pilots who flew up to observe it determined it didn’t appear to be manned. Officials said the object was far smaller than last week’s balloon, did not appear to be maneuverable and was traveling at a much lower altitude.”

apnews

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

The news report says it "appeared" to be unmanned, but are Air Force personnel trained to know what aliens look like? I sure hope it didn't have one of those tourists from Alpha Centauri who signed up for the "see primitive lifeforms in their native habitat!" tours. We really don't want to start an intergalactic incident with an advanced civilization.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anderton said:

The news report says it "appeared" to be unmanned, but are Air Force personnel trained to know what aliens look like? I sure hope it didn't have one of those tourists from Alpha Centauri who signed up for the "see primitive lifeforms in their native habitat!" tours. We really don't want to start an intergalactic incident with an advanced civilization.

It is my belief with their ability to simply disappear in an instant and their ability to monitor communications, they would know the minute an order was given to shoot something down that they would just hyper space out of there.

I had heard that there was yet another one over Montana that did not get shot down.  What was that and where did it go?

• Like 1

It's actually the 5th object in about a week, which is weird. 1) The big balloon shot over NC, 2) a similar balloon gone to Central America (no follow-up on this one), 3) a much smaller one of apparently cylindrical shape shot over Alaska, 4) another unmanned one shot over Yukon yesterday and 5) this last one of apparently octagonal or hexagonal shape (!) over Huron Lake. In all cases, they were flying very slow as if all simply balloon type. We are of course talking about human technology here. Actual "alien" objects have been seen and in some cases even confirmed by authorities before (if in doubt, google Nimitz incident, Ariel school, etc.) but don't worry as their technology is so advanced there is no way they could have been intercepted by F22s or whatever. :wave:

• Like 1

So...now there's a source that says "Unconfirmed Reports: Four F-16s Destroyed Trying To Shoot Down UFO Over Lake Huron?"

I guess ChatGPT generated a news story where it thought "War of the Worlds" had actually happened :)

2 hours ago, Anderton said:

What did she know that we don't know?

How to shimmy and shake in shiny black trousers? 😇 I love this song, always have. 

And... "Unconfirmed reports"? Is that another way of saying "Well, we just made this up right now because... "

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

16 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

And... "Unconfirmed reports"? Is that another way of saying "Well, we just made this up right now because... "

There's also an unconfirmed report that I'm a nobel laureate :) 

I gotta use the "unconfirmed report" thing for click bait, and have SSS's SEO take off into the stratosphere. The possibilities are endless!

I'm still blaming ChatGPT for now.

Just now, Anderton said:

There's also an unconfirmed report that I'm a nobel laureate :) 

I gotta use the "unconfirmed report" thing for click bait, and have SSS's SEO take off into the stratosphere. The possibilities are endless!

I'm still blaming ChatGPT for now.

There is an unconfirmed report that ChatGPT is as full of poop as the Christmas Goose.

And, I am considering changing my name to ChetGPT, then I can talk smack about everything. 

The German version oddly has less pleather. I think it's cut better too.

Funny: from IMDB

"The promotional video was shot in a Dutch military training camp, the band performing the song on a stage in front of a backdrop of fires and explosions provided by the Dutch army. Towards the end of the video, the band are seen taking cover and abandoning the stage which was unplanned and genuine since they believed the explosive blasts were getting out of control."

Original title: Nena: 99 Luftballons Music Video 1983

4m

• Like 1

If Craig Anderton, a Nobel Laureate, is concerned about an intergalactic war, you can bet that we all should be concerned. When more people get wind of this, they'll all be hoarding toilet paper again.

22 hours ago, spokenward said:

The German version oddly has less pleather. I think it's cut better too.

Funny: from IMDB

"The promotional video was shot in a Dutch military training camp, the band performing the song on a stage in front of a backdrop of fires and explosions provided by the Dutch army. Towards the end of the video, the band are seen taking cover and abandoning the stage which was unplanned and genuine since they believed the explosive blasts were getting out of control."

Original title: Nena: 99 Luftballons Music Video 1983

4m

I love this song sung in German as well, even though I don't speak it or understand much. My grandparents came from Germany before WW1 broke out and I love the accent - memories. It's too bad Nena was a one hit wonder but at least there is the one hit. 

23 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

There is an unconfirmed report that ChatGPT is as full of poop as the Christmas Goose.

Actually that is confirmed.

1 hour ago, KenElevenShadows said:

If Craig Anderton, a Nobel Laureate, is concerned about an intergalactic war, you can bet that we all should be concerned. When more people get wind of this, they'll all be hoarding toilet paper again.

Do their worst! I have 20 rolls in my garage that anyone tries to take will meet my buddy Mr Glock. 

On 2/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, David Emm said:

It'll all play out in due course. [Edit from CA - deleted due to mention of political figure] 

Sorry! I meant to say [REDACTED] when I dropped a name. It probably would have passed muster otherwise. :Python:

As to odd flying things, I saw a video wherein a guy contacted his immediate neighbors on Facebook during COVID and began using his drone to safely drop rolls of toilet paper into their eager hands. I'd like to think he was invited for BBQ quite a lot after that.  

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"